Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Conducting Research at El Camino College or Compton College
Thank you for your interest in conducting research at El Camino College (ECC) and/or Compton College. In order to conduct research involving human subjects or data at ECC or Compton College, you must be approved by the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).
ECC’s IRB serves to ensure the protection of human subjects involved in research studies. Human subjects include students taking El Camino College classes or participating in activities on ECC or Compton College premises; or faculty and staff employed by the El Camino Community College District (ECCCD) or Compton Community College District (CCCD). The IRB verifies that your research:
- Complies with Federal regulations, specifically the CFR45 and the Common Rule for the Protection of Human Subjects (Belmont Report),
- Demonstrates the clear benefit of your research to community colleges, and
- Demonstrates that your research is aligned with the College's mission, vision, and statement of values.
The purpose of this webpage is to outline the procedures for conducting research involving human subjects at ECC or Compton College and provides important resources to facilitate the process of successfully completing and reviewing your proposed research.
- IRB Schedule of Meetings and Deadlines
- Checklist for External Researchers
- Notification of Interest to Conduct Research at ECC and/or Compton College
If you have any questions about conducting research at ECC or Compton College, please contact the Institutional Research & Planning Office at email@example.com or (310) 660-3593, extension 6123.