Service Area Outcomes (SAO)
El Camino College offers quality, comprehensive educational programs and services to ensure the educational success of students from our diverse community.
Institutional Research & Planning (IRP) supports educational and institutional effectiveness by providing El Camino College and El Camino College Compton Center with accurate, relevant, and user-friendly information and analysis for use in assessment, reporting, and strategic planning. IRP coordinates college-wide research agendas and integrated planning for data-supported decision-making.
Institutional Research & Planning (IRP) developed three service area outcomes (SAOs) in 2009 based on its unit mission. IRP regularly assesses the effectiveness of each SAO through client feedback and data utilization surveys. Assessment plans and results are detailed below.
By interacting with IRP staff or reports, ECC employees will be able to:
- Understand El Camino College students and their academic outcomes.
- Synthesize IRP data with local information and professional experience to develop a more complete picture.
- Apply knowledge from research data to strategize priorities and make decisions.
Most Recent SAO Assessment Results
- SAO #1 - Understanding students and outcomes (2014)
- SAO #2 - Synthesizing data with experience (2014)
- SAO #3 - Applying knowledge to make decisions (2014)