Get around easier with the El Camino College U-Pass!
Sales of the Spring 2019 U-Pass start January 28th in the Bookstore!
Pass will be effective: 1/28/19 to 6/16/19
Click on the image above for a PDF flyer.
What are the benefits of a Metro U-Pass?
- El Camino College students who purchase a Metro U-Pass will be able to ride on the Metro, including Metro Express Buses and the Metro Silver Line, as well as the GTrans (Gardena bus lines),Torrance Transit and Long Beach Transit, Culver City Bus, LADOT DASH, City of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus (BBB), and Norwalk Transit!
- In comparison to a Metro 30-Day Pass with Zones, the Metro U-Pass is 69% cheaper. It is also valid for rides on GTrans and Torrance Transit, unlike the Metro 30-Day Pass.
- See below for valid dates of use.
Who is eligible?
- El Camino College students that are enrolled (enrollment verfication will be required)
- Students may combine units from Compton College to meet eligibility requirements
Where can I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Students may go to the Bookstore to purchase a Metro U-Pass.
How do I purchase a Metro U-Pass?
- Obtain a free El Camino College Student ID card at the Student Activities Center. Visit the Photo ID webpage for business hours and requirements.
- Complete the El Camino College U-Pass Student Information Form.
- Print or show the form completion screen on your smart device to the Bookstore cashier.
- Log into MyECC and print or take a screenshot of your class schedule that shows you are enrolled.
- Print or show your class schedule on your smart device to the Bookstore cashier.
- Purchase the Metro U-Pass from the Bookstore. (Cash, check, credit cards accepted.)
- Place the Metro U-Pass sticker on your ECC or Compton College Student ID card.
How much does the Metro U-Pass cost?
Metro U-Pass pricing varies depending on date of purchase. See chart below for the prorated price sheet.
An additional $2 sticker fee will be charged when purchasing a Metro U-Pass
May I use my financial aid to purchase a Metro U-Pass?
Yes! Once students receive their financial aid disbursement, they may use their funding
to purchase education-related expenses, including transportation costs.
What happens if my Metro U-Pass is lost or stolen?
- Go the El Camino College Photo ID Office to get a free replacement Student ID card
- Go to the Bookstore to get a replacement U-Pass sticker for $2
- The Bookstore will deactivate the lost U-Pass sticker
For more information about the Metro U-Pass at El Camino College, contact the Student Development Office at 310-660-3593, ext. 3500.
For information about how to use the Metro U-Pass to register for the Metro’s Bike Program, visit https://www.metro.net/riding/bikes/.
The ECC Bookstore sells and reloads TAP Cards for public transportation travel throughout Los Angeles County. Students, employees and the public are invited to use this service to purchase or reload TAP cards for public transportation travel throughout Los Angeles County.