STATE CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
Reading Apprenticeship Webinar Series-Campus Change Narratives: Webinars
The theme for this series is Reading Apprenticeship and Campus Change. Learn about each college's RA professional learning efforts and impact on student success.
- May 7 Pasadena City College Register HERE
- May 14 American River College Register HERE
- May 19 College of San Mateo Register HERE
- May 21 Santa Rosa Junior College Register HERE
The Strengthening Student Success conference provides a unique opportunity for a wide cross-section of people to gather and brainstorm ways to strengthen institutional effectiveness and student learning.
More Info | Register | View Materials
October 17, 2014 | Citrus College | Glendora, CA
LINKS 10 focuses on professional learning practices. Participants will:
- explore principles of effective professional learning and consider the wys in which networked communities if practice serve as models for best practices.
- identify mechanisms for building connections and growing the leadership needed to
create sustainable professional learning that nurtures and supports practitioners.
November 1, 2014 | Anaheim Marriott | Anaheim, CA
Theme: Promoting Student Equity & Success in Developmental Education.
Some highlights for the conference include
- A full day of workshops and opportunities to meet with colleagues from throughout the state
- Discussions about our hosting of the 2016 NADE conference and how you can get involved
- An opportunity to participate in the annual elections and business meeting
The Academic Senate has archived three webinars on select topics in basic skills held in spring 2011. Janet Fulks and Marcy Alancraig lead the webinars which are free and last approximately two hours. Each webinar is archived for viewing and sharing on the Basic Skills: Insights, Information and Innovation website at http://www.cccbsi.org/. Below are the original dates, times and topics (chapter references are to the Basic Skills Handbook created by the Senate).
- March 24, Thursday, 9:30am, Chapter 5: Effective Practices Common to All Disciplines: Common Building Materials
- April 7, Thursday, 11:00am, Chapter 12: Tracking Student Progress through Basic Skills: A Discipline Framework
- April 28, Thursday, 11:00am, Chapter 15: Course Assessment Basics: Evaluating Your Construction
SPEAKER RESOURCES FOR FUTURE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
To allow colleges to create their own cost effective workshops and tailor them to their individual needs, the Academic Senate has compiled a list of successful presenters from previous BSI Workshops who are knowledgeable, organized, dependable, and engaging and who can present on programs or practices that have demonstrated efficacy, portability, and sustainability.
The List includes presentations on practices and programs in the following areas: Effective Classroom Practices; First Year Experience and Bridge Programs; Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction Programs; Learning Communities; CTE and Contextualized Learning; Linking Student and Learning Support and Instruction; and Assessment.