EL CAMINO COLLEGE Division of Health Sciences and Athletics
Next Application Period is: MARCH 16 TO APRIL 15 2017
2017 APPLICATION - Please download application in Landscape Format ONLY
Please read all of the information carefully, and follow the instructions in the application packet information.
- Points for Observation Hours have been eliminated - due to the limited avaliable hospitals to do observation hours.
- All requred courses on page 2 must be completed, and a grade posted at the time the application is filed with the counselor. No inprogress courses are allowed on page 2.
To file the application, you must visit a counselor during the drop in appointment times.(see below)
Please do not mail in applications to the Counseling Department or the Radiologic Technology Program Director.
COUNSELOR DROP IN & APPOINTMENT HOURS FOR APPLICATION INFORMATION
HEALTH SCIENCES Counselors
KELSEY IINO JANICE PON-ISHIKAWA CHRIS JEFFRIES STEPHANIE BENNETT
- Health Information Sessions - Schedule for Spring 2017
- Counseling Drop In Hours Filing Spring 2017 Applications
Information about Starting the Program
- The Radiologic Technology Program begins a new class of students once each year, beginning in the FALL SEMESTER
- ALL Pre-Requisite Courses listed on the Course Evaluation List must be COMPLETED prior to filing an application to the Program
- There are mandatory attendance at orientation sessions during the summer prior to beginning the program in the fall
- The Orientation dates for SUMMER 2017 will be posted by May 2017.
- The number of students selected each year is based on the availability of positions at the clinical sites and is subject to change from year to year.
Please review ALL of the information on the left side links. If you have further questions please review the Questions link on the left side - or send an email to email@example.com
Regarding Transfer courses: RTEC-A course is a pre-requisite for the RT Program - and must be completed at El Camino College - Introductory courses taken at other institutions will not be considered for transfer, but may be considered towards additional points on the application - see application instructions for details
Note: If you have taken and passed Radiologic Technology courses from other programs, then you should arrange to meet with the Program Director to check your eligibility for enrollment and filing an application to the ECC Radiologic Technology Program. You may be able to receive credit for some courses, or may you still be required to complete all pre-requisite courses including RTEC-A Intro to Radiology. This is evaluated on a case by case basis. You will be required to submit a letter of recommendation from the Program Director of the other school, that you left in "good standing", with a grade of B or better in the Radiograpy Program courses taken at the other school.
When Filing an APPLICATION:
Take the R.T. course evaluation form and application form along with your transcripts* with you to the appointment with the counselor. Any officical transcripts from other colleges must be mailed directly to the Admissions office. Hand carried transcripts are not considered "offical transcripts". Do not mail transcripts to the Radiologic Technology Program office.
The ECC counselors can check your previous course work for articulation with the ECC A.S. degree requirements.
If courses the general education courses were taken at another college, the counselor can evaluate for articulation
Read the other links on the left side for additional information.
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
|RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY CLINICAL COORDINATOR
Mina Colunga, M.Ed., RT
Office: MBA 431
Phone: (310) 660-3593 x3030