EL CAMINO COLLEGE Division of Health Sciences and Athletics
Next Application Period is: May 9 to May 24, 2016.
Please read all of the information carefully, and follow the instructions.
Based on input from the Rad Tech Advisory Committee, and Rad Tech Application Committee - there have been some slight changes made to the 2016 Application. Example:
- Due to the limited avaliable hospitals to do observation hours, these points have been removed from the 2016 application. Any observation hours that have been completed will be used as a "tie breaker" points in the event that students have the same points on their application.
- All requred courses must be completed, and a grade posted at the time the application is filed. The application date has been extended past the end of the semester so that students may have the opportunity to complete courses during the spring semeter as well.
- ALL COURSES on page 2 of the Program Application must be completed by the end of SPRING 2016. Transcripts are required with the application for verification of grades.
To file the application, you must visit a counselor during the drop in appointment times.
Please do not mail in applications to the Counseling Department or the Radiologic Technology Program Director.
KELSEY IINO JANICE PON-ISHIKAWA CHRIS JEFFRIES STEPHANIE BENNETT
- Health Information Sessions - Schedule for Spring 2016
- Counseling Drop In Hours Filing Spring 2016 Applications
Information about Starting the Program
- The Radiologic Technology Program begins a new class of students once each year, beginning in the FALL SEMESTER
- ALL Pre-Requisite Courses listed on the Course Evaluation List must be COMPLETED prior to filing an application to the Program
- There are mandatory attendance at orientation sessions during the summer prior to beginning the program in the fall
- The Tenative Orientation dates for SUMMER 2016 ARE:
- Tuesday, June 28 1:00 - 6:00, Week of Aug 8-12, 8:00am - 5:00 pm & Tuesday Aug 23, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- The number of students selected each year is based on the availability of positions at the clinical sites and is subject to change from year to year.
Please review ALL of the information on the left side links. If you have further questions please review the Questions link on the left side - or send an email to email@example.com
Regarding Transfer courses: RTEC-A course is a pre-requisite for the RT Program - and must be completed at El Camino College - Introductory courses taken at other institutions will not be considered for transfer, but may be considered towards additional points on the application - see application instructions for details
Note: If you have taken and passed Radiologic Technology courses from other programs, then you should arrange to meet with the Program Director to check your eligibility for enrollment and filing an application to the ECC Radiologic Technology Program. You may be able to receive credit for some courses, or may you still be required to complete all pre-requisite courses including RTEC-A Intro to Radiology. This is evaluated on a case by case basis. You will be required to submit a letter of recommendation from the Program Director of the other school, that you left in "good standing", with a grade of B or better in the Radiograpy Program courses taken at the other school.
When Filing an APPLICATION:
Take the R.T. course evaluation form and application form along with your transcripts* with you to the appointment with the counselor. Any officical transcripts from other colleges must be mailed directly to the Admissions office. Hand carried transcripts are not considered "offical transcripts". Do not mail transcripts to the Radiologic Technology Program office.
The ECC counselors can check your previous course work for articulation with the ECC A.S. degree requirements.
If courses the general education courses were taken at another college, the counselor can evaluate for articulation
Read the other links on the left side for additional information.
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
|RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY CLINICAL COORDINATOR
Mina Colunga, M.Ed., RT
Office: MBA 431
Phone: (310) 660-3593 x3030