EL CAMINO COLLEGE Division of Health Sciences and Athletics
THE 2015 APPLICATION PERIOD is MARCH 10 - 27, 2015
Please read all of the information carefully, and follow the instructions.
Based on input from the Rad Tech Advisory Committee, and Rad Tech Application Committee - there have been some slight changes made to the 2015 Application
- 40 hours maximum for Observation hours, and no more than 20 hours at 1 site - you must observe at least 2 clinical sites to receive the 40 hours documented credit. You can find the list of clincal affiliates that will accept student observers on the left side link: Hospital Affiliates
- RTEC-A must be completed to apply to the program for Spring 2015
- 5 year recentcy for documents on page 4 (changed from 7 years)
- 40 hrs volunteer in community service (changed from 24)
KELSEY IINO JANICE PON-ISHIKAWA CHRIS JEFFRIES STEPHANIE BENNETT
Health Information Session Schedule for Spring 2015
Health Science Major Counseling Drop in Hours
Counseling Application Filing Schedule to file your application with the Counselors
Information about Starting the Program
The Radiologic Technology Program begins a new class of students once each year, beginning in the FALL SEMESTER
- ALL Pre-Requisite Courses listed on the Course Evaluation List must be COMPLETED prior to filing an application to the Program
There is are two mandatory 4-hour orientation session during the summer.
The number of students selected each year is based on the availability of positions at the clinical sites and is subject to change from year to year.
- Please review ALL of the information on the left side links. If you have further questions please review the Questions link on the left side - or send an email to email@example.com
Regarding Transfer courses: RTEC-A course is a pre-requisite for the RT Program - and must be completed at El Camino College - Introductory courses taken at other institutions will not be considered for transfer, but may be considered towards additional points on the application - see application instructions for details
Note: If you have taken and passed Radiologic Technology courses from other programs, then you should arrange to meet with the Program Director to check your eligibility for enrollment and filing an application to the ECC Radiologic Technology Program. You may be able to receive credit for some courses, or may you still be required to complete all pre-requisite courses including RTEC-A Intro to Radiology. This is evaluated on a case by case basis. You will be required to submit a letter of recommendation from the Program Director of the other school, that you left in "good standing", with a grade of B or better in the Radiograpy Program courses taken at the other school.
When Filing an APPLICATION:
Take the R.T. course evaluation form and application form along with your transcripts with you to the appointment with the counselor.
The ECC counselors can check your previous course work for articulation with the ECC A.S. degree requirements.
If courses the general education courses were taken at another college, the counselor can evaluate for articulation
Read the other links on the left side for additional information.
HS&A Counselors KELSEY IINO JANICE PON-ISHIKAWA CHRIS JEFFRIES STEPHANIE BENNETT
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM DIRECTOR
|RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY CLINICAL COORDINATOR
Mina Colunga, M.Ed., RT
Office: MBA 431
Phone: (310) 660-3593 x3030