RESPIRATORY CARE PROGRAM
Prof. Roy Mekaru RRT MHA / Program Director
Applications can be turned in from March 15, 2017 to April 5, 2017.
You must complete the following steps to qualify for admission to the clinical phase
of the respiratory care program with a planned graduation date of summer 2019
- Read all files and complete all forms, put together and submit to one of the DESIGNATED
COUNSELORS in the Counseling Office by end of the application period. The application
period will be Announced (Contact Prof. Mekaru for the list of designated counselors.)
- The coursework portion of the application must be reviewed by a DESIGNATED COUNSELOR
prior to submission of application. All required coursework must be completed by the
last day of the Spring 2017 semester as listed in the college catalog. Use " IP" to
indicate spring 2017 in progress courses.
- You must submit the completed physical exam portion of the application showing that
you have had the required lab work and physical exam performed by a qualified health
care practitioner (preferably M.D.) and that you are physically and mentally ready
for work in health care settings providing respiratory care.
- You must submit the online background check portion of the application showing the
information to access your account & print out of current report on your background.
- You must read the county health clearance certification instructions and complete the parts of the form required and submit form with your application package.
If the above steps are completed and satisfactory, then you will be notified via the web that you are eligible for the last step in the admission process (Livescan fingerprinting background check) before you can enter the clinical class of RC-176 Summer 2017:
- You will be notified by email with and instructed to report to one of our clinical affiliates in order to undergo a fingerprint livescan national background check. This will most likely take place before and in some cases after the summer session starts, announcements will be made via the web. Make sure your application has your current email, cell phone and home number information so you can be contacted if needed, however it is your responsibility to visit the website for update information and announcements.
Notices regarding the above will be posted in the RC lab and on the RC Program website on the web, it is your responsibility to stay informed about these policies, deadlines and assignments for background screenings at various hospital locations.*
Only after you have successfully completed all of the above steps will your application be complete and accepted for the Summer 2017 RC-176 class. Notification of those accepted will not be possible until at least the end of the Spring semester. Please DO NOT go to Health Sciences and Athletics division office and ask secretaries about admission, applications, etc., they cannot answer any questions about your application or admission; call, text or email me( email@example.com ) if you have any questions or problems at 310-678-3914. Prof. Roy
*To be announced or posted, do not try to contact, we must schedule you for livescan.
Please download forms, complete and submit to one of our designated counselors