HONORS TRANSFER PROGRAM
Click the Photo Gallery link to
see what HTP students are up to!
The Honors Transfer Program (HTP) at El Camino College is designed to better prepare the highly motivated student to transfer successfully to a university and complete a bachelor's degree.
The HTP provides a unique learning environment which stresses scholastic excellence and develops the academic awareness necessary to achieve this goal. The major objective of the program is to prepare students for transfer by focusing on enhanced reading, writing, and study skills.
Honors courses are chosen to fulfill the requirements of the associate degree as well as to transfer to the University of California, California State University, and most other universities. Generally, students in the HTP complete the same number of courses as other students planning to transfer.
Honors courses are academically enriched to intellectually stimulate students, encourage independent critical thinking, and promote close interaction between students and faculty.
The documents below are printed from the "Honors Transfer Program 2013-2014 Student Handbook and Application." All information, requirements, and deadlines are subject to change.
When you are ready to apply to the program, please pick up a paper copy of the most up-to-date Handbook from the HTP information counter, located inside the Counseling Division, Student Services Center.
View the Honors Transfer Program Student Handbook by topic (pages are not numbered in this online version):
Honors Program Admission Requirements
- A minimum 3.1 cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) from high school or, if already in college, from at least nine transferable units
- Eligibility for (or completion of) English 1A or Advanced Placement exam score of 3 or more
- A completed Honors Transfer Program application and all required materials
Program Completion Requirements
- Have at least 3.1 cumulative GPA or transferable GPA at the time of completion
- Complete at least two regular (fall or spring) semesters in the HTP
- Complete at least fivehonors courses, each with at least a "C"
- Complete at least four seminars or Alternate Enrichment Activities
- Complete at least two scheduled half-hour counseling appointments
Go to our Facebook page to read the emails being sent to HTP students currently in the program:
ECC Honors Transfer Program Facebook Page
The list of honors course sections for the appropriate semester is always available on the HTP information counter.
Honors Transfer Program
c/o Natural Sciences Division
16007 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90506
Phone: (310) 660-3815
The HTP office is located in the Student Services Center, Room 102F.
Staff hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00-12:00 and 2:00-4:00
Click here to view the Campus Map.