STEM Ambassador Program (SAP)
Who are the Ambassadors?
- A diverse group of El Camino College student leaders with knowledge and experience in STEM fields.
- Students who can share first-hand information about STEM experiences, develop short demonstrations or activities under minimum supervision.
- Serve as presenters or El Camino College STEM representatives at STEM outreach events or on campus activities.
- Responsible and caring students who participate in community even
- Students who are eager to help and inspire students interested in STEM careers.
- Staff for El Camino College’s STEM Program and activities.
To become an Ambassador, you must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA at El Camino College or have a 3.0 GPA from high school (verified by submission of high school transcripts) if in your first semester at El Camino Colleg
- Be willing to provide assistance and be able to effectively relate with people of diverse cultural, social, and educational background
- Must have two semesters of math, chemistry, physics, astronomy, earth science, biology, engineering technology or machine technology, or comparable AP math/science scores
- Interested students must submit a completed application packet including: application, resume and high school transcripts (if applicable) by the posted deadline.
Once hired as an Ambassador, students will be required to:
- Attend the Ambassador initial training sessions and all other subsequent training session
- Complete paperwork for Human Resources, including a valid Livescan (fingerprint).
- Read and respond to ALL emails in a timely matte
- Participate in a minimum of three events per semester, which include acting as a campus tour guide, providing prospective students with information at local high schools and other community organizations.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA at El Camino College and be enrolled in a minimum 6 un
- Maintain professional conduct when representing El Camino Colleg
- Be enrolled in at least one STEM course during each semester of employment.
P lease submit completed Application, Resume & Transcripts to:
Kimberly Davis, STEM Program Coordinator, PHYS 117D
A L L POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT ON FUNDING
Contact: Kimberly Davis at ext. 3548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.