POLICY ON NON-DISCRIMINATION
The policy of the El Camino Community College District is, in part, to provide an educational and employment environment in which no person shall be unlawfully denied full and equal access to, the benefits of, or be unlawfully subjected to discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, relation, age, sex (harassment), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability or retaliation in any program or activity that is administered, funded directly by, or that receives any financial assistance from the State Chancellor or Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges.
It also provides for an educational and employment environment free from unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct or communications constituting sexual harassment.
The policy of the El Camino Community College District is to comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Employees, students or other persons acting on behalf of the District who engage in unlawful discrimination as defined in this policy or by state or federal law may be subject to discipline, up to an including discharge, expulsion, or termination of contract.
OFFICE OF STAFF AND STUDENT DIVERSITY
The Office of Staff and Student Diversity /Equal Employment Opportunity develops, revises, maintains and monitors the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan and Student Equity Plan and insures equal employment opportunity and compliance with rules, regulations and laws.
The office receives, investigates, compiles reports and makes recommendations for the resolution of both employee and student discrimination and sexual harassment complaints. It is also responsible for program development, problem identification and data analysis, compilation and reporting.
MAJOR SERVICES AND PROGRAMS OFFERED AND COORDINATED
- Investigations – complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment
- Training and development – diversity, cross-cultural communication and sexual harassment presentations and seminars
- Diversity events and programs – presentations, festivals and fairs
- Diversity related conferences – support for attendees
- Counseling – students and employees
For More Information:
Office of Staff and Student Diversity
Administration Building – Room 210
El Camino Community College District
16007 Crenshaw Boulevard
Torrance CA 90506-0001
Telephone (310) 660-3813
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Other Diversity Events & Celebrations
- Hispanic Heritage Month - September 15 - October 15
- Disability Awareness Month - October
- Native American Month - November
- Black History Month -February
- Women’s History Month - March
- Asian-Pacific American Month - May