Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Conducting Research at El Camino College
Thank you for your interest in conducting research at El Camino College (ECC) and El Camino College Compton Center. In order to conduct research involving human subjects or data at the College or Center, you must be approved by the College’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).
ECC’s IRB serves to ensure the protection of human subjects involved in research studies. Human subjects include students taking El Camino College classes or participating in activities on ECC or Compton Center premises; or faculty and staff employed by the El Camino Community College District (ECCCD) or Compton Community College District (CCCD). The IRB verifies that your research:
- Complies with Federal regulations, specifically the CFR45 and the Common Rule for the Protection of Human Subjects (Belmont Report),
- Demonstrates the clear benefit of your research to community colleges, and
- Demonstrates that your research is aligned with the College's mission, vision, and statement of values.
The purpose of this webpage is to outline the procedures for conducting research involving human subjects at ECC or El Camino College Compton Center and provides important resources to facilitate the process of successfully completing and reviewing your proposed research.
- IRB Schedule of Meetings and Deadlines
- Checklist for External Researchers
- Notification of Interest to Conduct Research at ECC and/or El Camino College Compton Center
If you have any questions about conducting research at ECC or El Camino College Compton Center, please contact the Institutional Research & Planning Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 660-3593, extension 6123.