Planning and Budgeting Committee
Statement of Purpose
The Planning and Budgeting Committee (PBC) serves as the consultation committee for campus-wide planning and budgeting. The PBC assures that planning and budgeting are integrated and evaluated while driven by the mission and strategic initiatives set forth in the Strategic Plan. The PBC makes recommendations to the President on all planning and budgeting issues and reports committee activities to campus constituencies.
Strategic Initiative – C – Collaboration
Advance an effective process of collaboration and collegial consultation conducted with integrity and respect to inform and strengthen decision-making.
The committee membership includes representation from throughout campus:
- Academic Senate
- Administrative Services
- Associated Students Organization
- Campus Police
- Committee Chair
- ECC Federation of Teachers
- ECCE - Classified Union
- Student and Community Advancement
- Annually discuss, develop and review the purpose, goals, responsibilities, and membership of the committee.
- Annually review and discuss the current strategic plan and comprehensive master plan, and monitor their implementation.
- Review and discuss prioritized college plan requests for funding, and other aspects of annual planning, ensuring that requests for funding are linked with program review, master planning, or other planning processes.
- Participate in the development and review of the five-year cycle of strategic and master planning.
- Participate, review and make recommendations on the college strategic initiatives.
- Review and discuss annual preliminary, tentative and final District budget proposals and assumptions, ensuring they support the college’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Review and discuss college revenues and expenditures.
- Review and discuss long-range financial forecasting.
- Provide recommendations to the Superintendent/President regarding college planning and budgeting activities.
- Regularly inform the college community of the results of the planning and budgeting process.
- Periodically review and evaluate the effectiveness of PBC communications to the college community.
- Inform the college community of committee goals and responsibilities.
Annual Assessment and Review
On an annual basis the committee will:
- Review resources and make recommendations for the college budget based on principles and processes set forth in the Educational Master Plan and align with the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of the college.
- Monitor budget, planning and resources to ensure success of the college.
- Complete and monitor annual review of the budget, committee goals and planning process.
PBC informational Calendars
Meetings are held on the first and third Thursday of every month.
Location: Library 202 (unless conflicts due to limited meeting space)
|Walter Coxfirstname.lastname@example.org||Academic Affairs|
|Kelsey Iinoemail@example.com||Student & Comm. Advancement|
|Ruben Lopezfirstname.lastname@example.org||Campus Police|
|Sidney Porteremail@example.com||Academic Senate|