The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges notified El Camino College of their action on the College’s accreditation status based on the Follow-up Report submitted by El Camino College in November 2012. The Commission acted toissue Warning and require El Camino College to submit a Follow-up Report by October 15, 2013. The Accredited status of the institution continues during the warning period.”
The El Camino College Accreditation Self-Evaluation Team is in place and ready to provide leadership for this important process. Although the Accreditation Self-Evaluation cycle begins this fall for ECC in preparation for the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges’ Team Visit in October 2014, it is an ongoing process for all colleges and universities.
Contact your dean/director to learn how to become involved in this project. Below are the standards and co-chairs for El Camino College; ECC Compton Center co-chairs are underlined.
Standard 1: Institutional Mission and Effectiveness – Jeanie Nishime
- IA: Mission – Irene Graff and Chris Gold; Michael Odanaka and Elizabeth Martinez
- IB: Improving Institutional Effectiveness – Irene Graff and Chris Gold; Michael Odanaka and Elizabeth Martinez
Standard II: Student Learning Programs and Services - Francisco Arce
- IIA: Instructional Programs – Virginia Rapp, Connie Fitzsimons, Matt Cheung, and Charles Herzig; Rodney Murray and Chelvi Subramaniam
- IIB: Student Support Services – Dipte Patel and Rene Lozano; Ricky Shabazz and Essie French-Preston
- IIC: Library and Learning Support Services – Tom Lew/Alice Grisby and Claudia Striepe; Estina Pratt and Charles Hobbs
Standard III: Resources – Jo Ann Higdon
- IIIA: Human Resources – Lynn Lindberg and Cynthia Mosqueda; Rachelle Sasser
- IIIB: Physical Resources – Stephanie Rodriguez and Ora Bryant; Linda Owens and Binh Nguyen
- IIIC: Technology Resources – John Wagstaff and Pete Marcoux; Rudy Ramos and Michelle Priest
- IIID: Financial Resources – Rory Natividad and Gary Turner; Felipe Lopez and Trish Bonacic
Standard IV: Leadership and Governance – Linda Beam and Keith Curry
- IVA: Decision-Making Roles and Processes – Gloria Miranda, Evelyn Uyemura and Julieta Ortiz; Jose Villalobos and Art Smith
- IVB: Board and Administrative Organization – Mike Trevis and Angela Simon; Christopher Halligan and David Simmons
Accreditation Liaison Officer: Jeanie Nishime
Co-Chair: Jean Shankweiler
Self-Evaluation Faculty Co-Chairs: Matt Cheung and Holly Schumacher
In other accreditation news: A follow-up visit from the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14. This visit is in regard to ECC’s mid-term accreditation report that was reviewed at the commission’s January 2012 meeting.
ACCJC Eligibility Requirements & Standards
Here you will find information that will assist students and members of the public who wish to file a formal complaint to the Commission about one of its member institutions.
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
ECC Accreditation Documents
ACCJC ACTION LETTERS
COLLEGE REPORTS -ACCJC
ECC COMPTON CENTER
Process to Accreditation (Oct 2012)
Process to Accreditation (July 2012)
Process to Accreditation (Sep 2010)
Accreditation Eligibility Proposal Status Report (October 27, 2011) PDF