2017 Academic Program Review Process
Each year the programs who must submit a Program Review in the fall semester begin
the review process during the preceding spring semester.
February - March 2017
- Division Deans submit the names of designated faculty member(s) for program reviews.
- Designated faculty attend program review orientation (3/16/2017) and receive program.
- Designated faculty submit requests to Institutional Research & Planning (IRP) for any additional survey items by March 30, 2017.
March - June 2017
- Designated faculty prepare rough drafts, seeking input from program and division colleagues,
- the program faculty
- the division curriculum committee representative
- the division SLO facilitator
- the division Dean and, if applicable, Associate Dean
- Designated faculty submit all data requests to IRP by June 16, 2017. IRP may not be able to fulfill data requests submitted after this date.
- Designated faculty collaborate with program colleagues to administer the student survey.
June – September 2017
- Designated faculty revise the first draft according to feedback received from division colleagues.
- Designated faculty present revised draft to program/division colleagues.
Note: Any dissenting opinions should be noted in a report that is included as an appendix to the program review document.
September 1, 2017
- Designated faculty submit completed program reviews to the Academic Program Review Committee (APRC) co-chairs and division Dean by September 1, 2017.
- Designated faculty submit completed CTE 2-year reviews to the APRC co-chairs and division Dean, as applicable.
September – December 2017
- If needed, designated faculty meet with APRC Co-Chairs to discuss your program review prior to Academic Program Review Committee.
- Designated faculty meet with the APRC to discuss program review.
- Following the review meeting with Academic Program Review Committee, designated faculty attend TracDat training session regarding input of program review into the system.
- Designated faculty submit final program review documents to APRC and enter into TracDat.
2017 Academic Program Review Resources
2017 Academic Program Review Handbook and Template
The Academic Program Review Handbook provides information regarding the academic program review cycle and timelines, the role of program review in the college planning process, and the function of the Academic Program Review Committee (APRC).
The Handbook also contains helpful resources such as:
- El Camino College Mission Statement and Strategic Initiatives
- Guidelines and instructions for completing an academic program review document
- Sample data sets from the Office of Institutional Research and Planning
- Template for the Program/Division Colleague Review Sheet
- Template for the APRC Feedback Rubric
- Contact information for APRC representatives and other sources of help
Academic Program Review Template (Word Template)
The Academic Program Review Template is a pre-formatted document which includes all required components for a full academic program review and the supplemental questions for a Career Technical Education (CTE) two-year review. The template also includes auto-pagination, a table of contents, and space-holder headings for required appendices.
What’s New About Program Review at El Camino College?
- We are now using TracDat to input final program reviews and connect them directly to the planning process.
- CTE questions have been revised to clarify advisory committee input.
- We are re-introducing a student satisfaction survey/feedback component to the Program Review template.
- We have added additional guiding questions into the Program Review Template Guide and Instructions.
- Additional questions regarding SLOs and PLOs should help faculty present improvements to teaching strategies, curricular adjustments, and/or requests from the department or college based on assessment results.
- Institutional Research continues to make more data available for faculty use.
TracDat Permissions for Program Review
TracDat User Video Tutorials:
TracDat PRP Adding Recommendations: https://youtu.be/JA6SIR5Ntqk
TracDat PRP Getting Started & New Features: https://youtu.be/e7W6CHZNMaE
TracDat PRP Adding Program Review Content: https://youtu.be/6GA7RyUUyeU