SEPTEMBER 28, 2012
REGISTRATION & BREAKFAST: 8:00 AM
CONFERENCE BREAKOUTS: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Click image to download the event flyer (jpg format)
Diversity Conference: Strategies for Change
The diversity focus this year will include gender, race/ethnicity, culture, sexual
orientation, and disabilities/abilities and related issues in the California Community
Colleges. This informative one-day conference features an exciting lineup of speakers
and presentations that will inspire, educate, and open our minds and eyes to the many
issues that faculty, students, and colleges are facing today.
Who Should Attend
All faculty members, administrators, counselors, librarians, and staff members are
urged to attend.
Flex or continuing education credit maybe available for this event - details coming
Workshops to Include
• Student Success Task Force: How Might it Negatively Impact Our Diverse Student Populations
• Battlin’ to be Heard: A Freestyle on Hip Hop Composition Pedagogy
• Changing Campus Climate for LGBTQ Students and Staff
• Cultural Competencies in CTE Programs
• Responding to the Needs of Our Returning Veterans
• Can Intercultural Competence be Learned?
• Effectively Reaching Women of Color
Registration Rates: (including meals)
* El Camino & Compton College Faculty Free (limited space, register today) *