New Student Orientation
Why Complete the New Student Orientation?
You will receive...
- Certificate, Associate Degree, and Transfer Information
- General Information on the Admissions and registration process
- Information on College Resources and Academic Support Programs
- Survival Tips on Being a Successful College Student
- Answers to your College Questions
There are 2 ways to complete the New Student Orientation
Students who complete the in-person orientation will have the opportunity to meet with an Academic Counselor after the orientation workshop to receive academic counseling and an abbreviated educational plan.
Before you attend you must:
- Prepare for and take the English and Math Placement Assessment Tests.
- Bring the test results with you to your orientation workshop.
If you would like to attend an in-person New Student Orientation and meet with an Academic Counselor to develop an educational plan please contact the Counseling Appointment Center at 310-660-3458 or the RISE Center at 310-660-3593 ext. 7800.
2. Online via MyECC
Students who complete the Online Orientation will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor.
Steps to complete the Online Orientation:
- Log on to your MyECC account
- Under 'Web Services' click on 'Online Student Orientation'
- Print the Confirmation Page upon completion
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor (bring the confirmation page to your counseling appointment). Instructions on how to schedule a counseling appointment
Check out the ECC Student Planner for additional resources.
Note: If you have any problems viewing the student planner, you may need to upgrade your Flash Player.
Having difficulty with the online orientation? Seeing a blank screen?
New students, get registered for classes in just One Stop at El Camino on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
If you are a new student, please complete your online application for admissions. You can now complete your orientation, receive math tutoring, take the assessment, meet with a Counselor to complete your educational plan, and register for classes! One Stops take place every Tuesday and Wednesday, beginning July 3rd- August 8th from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Note: What to Bring?
• A photo ID
• ECC Student ID number
• Unofficial high school transcripts
You can click on the flyer to register or register via bit.ly/onestoprsvp