- Official transcripts may be ordered online, in person or by mail.
- Online transcript requests can be made 24 hours a day. In most cases, ordering online is the fastest way to get transcripts
- In-person transcript requests are made in the Admissions Office during normal business hours.
- Transcripts are $6 each. The first two transcripts in a lifetime are complimentary. Transcripts are mailed out within seven business days of submission of the request. Next day mail out and pick-up services are available for $9.
NOTE: The Cashier's Office closes at 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday. If you will need to pay for transcripts plan to arrive with enough time to pay or you will need to return when the Cashier's Office is able to take your payment.
Order Transcripts Online
- El Camino College has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. A credit/debit card is needed to order online.
- To order transcripts please visit the TranscriptsPlus ordering page.
- Students who are still entitled to one or both of their free transcripts will still be charged the $3.00 processing fee if they order with the rush or pick-up option.
- Those uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
- Questions regarding your online transcript request can be directed to Credentials, Inc. Customer Service at 847-716-3005. Their operating hours are Monday through Thursday 5:00 am to 5:00 pm PST and Friday 5:00 am to 3:00 pm PST.
Same Day Service
Transcripts may be picked up the same day, here’s how.
- Same day requests must be submitted online. Same day service is not available for in-person requests.
- Orders completed by noon PST will be available for pick up after 1:00 pm on the same day. Orders completed between noon and 4:00 pm PST will be available the same day after 5:00. Orders completed after 4:00 pm PST will be available the next business day after 1:00 pm.
- Same day service is not available on Fridays.
- If transcripts are needed even sooner, selecting the PDF delivery option when ordering online will result in an official transcript being e-mailed to the student or a third party. PDF transcripts are usually e-mailed within 30 minutes of the order being completed. If the transcripts are being sent to an institution that receives PDF transcripts through the Transcripts Plus network, the transcript will automatically be sent as a PDF.
Order Transcripts By Mail
Requests for transcripts may be sent in by mail. Next day mail out and pick-up services are not available with mail-in requests.
If ordering transcripts by mail, be sure to include the following information:
- Name under which you attended El Camino College
- Birth date
- Social Security number or Student I.D. number
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Address to where the transcripts are to be sent.
- The request letter must include the student’s signature.
Send request along with a check payable to El Camino College (if applicable) to:
Office of Admissions and Records
El Camino College
16007 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90506
All checks must include your Student I.D. Number.
Third party requests
Students wishing to have a third party request and/or pick up a transcript must provide the third party with expressed written consent. The written consent must include the student’s name, date of birth and Social Security number or Student I.D. number. It must also include the name of the person authorized to request/pick up the transcripts. The student must sign the consent letter. The letter must be accompanied by a photocopy of the student’s state issued ID/Driver License or passport to verify the signature. The third party must also present a form of identification when submitting the consent letter.
Sending Transcripts to El Camino College from Other Colleges
If you plan to attend under veterans or Social Security benefits, receive academic advisement to become matriculated, or need to have coursework at other colleges reviewed for prerequisite clearance, you must request college transcripts from all schools you have attended be sent to:
El Camino College Admissions Office
16007 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90506
If you plan to graduate from El Camino College with a degree or certificate and wish to have coursework taken at other colleges considered for graduation, you must request official transcripts to be mailed from the other colleges to the El Camino College Admissions Office, Attn: Records. Hand carried transcripts from the student or any other party will not be accepted.
El Camino College only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials, Inc. TranscriptsPlus or eTranscript California. Before sending transcripts to El Camino College electronically, please make sure that your college is part of one of those networks. If your college sends transcripts through any service other than one of those services El Camino will not accept them.
If you have further questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Office Regular Business Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Student Services Center