Assess Yourself: Self-Assessment Questionnaire
ON COURSE demonstrates the choices that successful students make. Before learning more about those choices, take a few minutes to complete the following self-assessment questionnaire. Your scores will identify behaviors and beliefs you may wish to change in order to achieve more of your potential in college and in life. After completing the questionnaire, you will have an opportunity to take an inventory of your potential strengths and weaknesses as revealed by your self-assessment questionnaire.
Read the sixty-four statements and score each one according to how true or false you believe it is about you. To get an accurate picture of yourself, consider what is currently true about you (not what you want to be true). Your scores will identify behaviors and beliefs you may wish to change in order to achieve more of your potential in college and in life. At the end of the course or semester, you can repeat this self-assessment and compare your two scores.
Our Confidentiality Promise
This self-assessment is not a test. There are no right or wrong answers. The questions simply give you an opportunity to create an accurate and current self-portrait. Be absolutely honest and have fun with this activity for it is the first step on an exciting journey to a richer, more personally fulfilling life!
Rate the following questions on a scale of 0 to 10
0 = Totally False 10 = Totally True
1. I control how successful I will be.
2. I'm not sure why I'm in college.
3. I spend most of my time doing important things.
4. When I encounter a challenging problem, I try to solve it by myself.
5. When I get off course from my goals and dreams, I realize it right away.
6. I'm unsure how I learn best.
7. Whether I'm happy or not depends mostly on me.
8. I'll truly accept myself only after I eliminate my faults and weaknesses.