Applications under the Civic Center Act shall originate with established and responsible
organizations as set forth in Education Code 82537.
1. STEP ONE - Application and Reservation of Facility (Download Application File)
- Applications for use of facilities during the current academic year (July 1 - June
30) must be submitted in writing to the Civic Center Office for approval of time,
date and location.
- Facility rental is based on a first come basis. It is prefered that user applications
be submitted four (4) weeks in advance to provide adequate planning.
- An authorized representative of the organization must return the application and non-refundable
application fee within two (2) weeks of first contact in make the reservation official.
- Failure to meet this schedule may result in limited availability, cancellation or
rescheduling of the event.
2. STEP TWO- Contract and Deposit
- Upon receiving the non-refundable application fee and letter of interest, an Application
for Use of Facilities/Rental Agreement will be generated by the Civic Center Office.
- The Renter has one (1) week in which to return the signed contract along with a deposit
equal to 20% of the anticipated rental fee.
- For rental of Fine Arts Facilities ( Marsee Auditorium, Campus Theatre and Haag Recital
Hall), a security deposit must be paid with the 20% requirement.
- Cancellation: If the event is canceled no less than six (6) weeks in advance, a full
refund of the deposit will be made. No refund will be made otherwise.
3. STEP THREE - Coordination
- If necessary, joint meetings between the Renter and El Camino Community College District
staff will be scheduled to clarify Renter's needs.
- Coordination for all events will include review of user needs, potential costs, staffing
and other essential items to make your event a success.
4. STEP FOUR - Certificate of Insurance and Balance Payment
- A Certificate of Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 naming El Camino Community
College District as additional insured is required for all usage except for classrooms
of a limited duration and is due at least TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS in advance of first
day of usage.
- Certificate holder must be shown as follows: El Camino Community College District,
16007 Crenshaw Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90506
- The rental charge balance must be paid with a CASHIER'S OR CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY
ORDER at least TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS in advance of first day of usage.
- Non-compliance with this section may result in the cancellation or rescheduling of
5. STEP FIVE - Payment of Cost
- First time Renters are required to pay charges as indicated on the Fee Estimate at
least TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS in advance of first day of usage.
- Payment must be paid with a CASHIER'S OR CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.
- Additional services i.e. labor charges, etc., provided by the College will be charged
to Renter. Renter will be responsible for making a final payment within four (4) weeks
of notification of the balance due.