English B is a three-unit, credit/no-credit class that introduces students to the processes of creating, developing and revising paragraphs and short essays. There is an emphasis on paragraph structure and grammar.
Specific policies are listed in the syllabus; however, to be successful, you will want to come to class on time, complete all the work thoughtfully and generally give your best effort to improve your writing.
The syllabus will be passed out on the first day of class, but please e-mail me if you need another copy.
Assignments are listed in the course schedule passed out on the first day of class.
Typical Course Materials:
- Baseball in April and Other Stories by Gary Soto (about $7)
- ENGL B - Constructing Paragraphs - Halonen version (available only in the ECC bookstore for roughly $7)
- Flash drive (1-2 GB, about $10-20)
- Three-ring binder with paper & dividers
- Writing utensils (a highlighter, pens & pencils)
- An actively-checked MyECC email account