The primary mission of the Summer Math Academy 2013 is to equip students with the information and tools necessary for success in the mathematical sequences of classes they take at El Camino College to graduate or transfer. A secondary goal is to provide students with another opportunity to save semesters taking non-degree applicable or non-transfer level pre-requisite math classes by scoring higher on the Mathematics Placement Test (MPT). By making the MPT scores significantly higher for placement into higher level courses than the general student population, the Academy will facilitate student success for its students testing into higher level classes.
Read the of the Academies History and Success
Why You Should Participate?
- Study math for three weeks for FREE in a friendly, stress free environment
- Learn how to study efficiently and be well prepared for testing
- Create a supportive network of friends who will help you
- Acquire the skills and confidence you need to succeed in your next math course(s)
- Cut one or more semesters of math from your educational plans by placing higher
- Have the opportunity to take placement test again at the end of the academy
Who Should Participate?
Those who were placed into Math 12, Math 23, Math 40, Math 73, Math 80, and Math 180.
2013 Summer Math Academies
New incoming Students (Only)
*** Must enrolled in a Math Course in Fall 2013
Step #1: Information Session Click here to register for the following dates:
Friday, May 17th, 2013
5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
11:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Friday, June 14th, 2013
5:00p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
5:00p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Step #2: Online Application Click here to apply.
* Please be aware that the applicants will be selected base on by first come first serve. (Spaces are limited)
Math 12-Basic Skill Academy
8:00am - 12:00pm (Professor Hinckley)
1:00pm - 5:00pm (Professor Hinckley)
Location: MBA - 313
Math 23/40 - Algebra Academy
8:00am - 12:00pm (Professor Forbes)
1:00pm - 5:00pm (Professor Forbes)
Location: MBA - 315
Math 73/80- Intermediate Algebra Academy
8:00am - 12:00pm (Professor Silva)
1:00pm - 5:00pm (Professor Silva)
Location: MBA- 317
4:00pm-8:00pm (Professor Villalobos)
Location: MBA- 318
Math 180- Precalculus Academy
1:00pm - 5:00pm (Professor Binyam)
Location: MBA- 319
Summer Math Academies will meet Monday-Thursday, Starting July 22nd through August 8th, 2013.