Partners for STEM Excellence Initiative
We invite you to partner with us to strengthen and enhance the many STEM education programs and opportunities we offer students as they explore, excel, transfer and graduate to take their places in STEM fields and careers critical to the needs of our community and workplaces.
"It is imperative that we build resources for STEM programs and initiatives that will take us into the future and allow us to support student success in STEM disciplines" Dr. Thomas Fallo, President El Camino College
We ask for your help in reaching our goal of raising $1 million over four years by making a contribution to one of these critical funds, The STEM Endowment Fund, STEM Equipment Fund or STEM General Fund as a Partner for STEM Excellence.
STEM Endowment Fund
- An opportunity to double your impact through matching funds available as part of a Federal Title V HSI STEM Grant. This match is available through 2016.
- Leave a lasting legacy that allows us to develop and enhance STEM education on multiple levels across key disciplines.
STEM Equipment Fund
- Replacement of obsolete equipment for Machine Tool Technology, Engineering Technology and Manufacturing Technology programs.
- Purchase of new equipment for our Automation, Robotics and Manufacturing (ARM) Center in order to keep pace with strides in robotics and automation found in manufacturing workplace
- Laboratory equipment for the natural Sciences division: Chemistry, Astronomy, Physics, Life and Earth Sciences.
- Enhance STEM curriculum and increase training as necessary.
- Provide STEM outreach laboratory workshops to K-12 and give El Camino College STEM students an opportunity to serve as mentors and role models.
Note: A list of our current equipment needs is available 2013-2014 - Equipment needs
STEM General Fund
Invest in the future by helping us establish a fund which will enable us to meet needs as they arise.
As a Partner for STEM Excellence you will be recognized in a variety of ways, including acknowledgment on our website and in the STEM Center.
For more information contact:
The El Camino College Foundation or visit our website,
Andrea Sala, Executive Director, ECC Foundation, 310-660-6040
Kathy Costa, Development Officer, ECC Foundation, 310-660-3593 ext. 6716
For Academic Information about STEM Education at El Camino College:
Visit our website: www.elcamino.edu
Jean Shankweiler, Dean of Natural Sciences and STE lead, 310-660-3593 ext. 3350
Josefina Bedolla, Special Project Coordinator, 310-660-3593 ext. 3452