If you would like to use Canvas here at El Camino:
There are three ways to qualify to use Canvas here at El Camino:
- You have a certificate of completion for Canvas training from another school/district/@One, AND filling out the Canvas waiver: http://www.elcamino.edu/library/distance-ed/facultyresources/Canvas_Waiver.asp
- You have been using Canvas at another institution/district that doesn’t grant completion
certificates or formalized training. You will need to fill out the aforementioned
waiver http://www.elcamino.edu/library/distance-ed/facultyresources/Canvas_Waiver.asp AND set up an appointment with Gema Perez to go over your live site from a current
Canvas institution using the following three criteria:
- Basic Knowledge of Canvas
- Three ways faculty use Canvas to initiate student contact
- What is the feature they most like to use in Canvas.
- Completed an ECC Canvas training for more detailed information: http://www.elcamino.edu/administration/staffdev/canvascert.asp
The criteria used to evaluate your course are proper implementation of the tools found in the Canvas Instructor Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4131 Canvas Instructor guide, demonstrating three ways faculty use to initiate instructor-student interaction.
If you have any comments, questions, and concerns, please email Gema Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Howard Story (email@example.com).