LEARNING RESOURCES CENTER
How to Become a Tutor
To become a tutor in the Learning Resources Center, students must:
- Complete the course they wish to tutor with a final grade of B or better.
- Obtain a written recommendation from an El Camino instructor.
- Complete an application to be a tutor
- Submit an unofficial copy of their transcript(s).
- Enroll in Tutor Training 200. (Please note, completion of Tutor Training 200 does not guarantee employment as a tutor.
For questions or to obtain an application to become a tutor, please contact
Lisa George at extension 6722 or email@example.com
Theory and Practice of Tutoring
Tutor Training 200 is a one-unit course that is designed for students who intend to be tutors. The course content includes learning theories, tutorial techniques, program procedures, responsibilities, and tutoring practices.
Tutoring Training 200 meets the College Reading Learning Association (CRLA) training program requirements and is designed to help student tutors learn to communicate effectively with students who need academic assistance.
Pass/no pass only
1 unit: 1 hour lecture
(6 week course)
Credit, degree applicable
|Learning Resources Center Quick Links|
|DEPARTMENTS ...||COMPUTER LABS ...|
|LRC Tutorial Program||LMTC|
|Media Materials Collection||OTHER ...|
|Basic Skills Study Center||Scheduling Orientations|