To become a tutor in the Learning Resources Center, students must:
- Complete the course they wish to tutor with a final grade of B or better.
- Complete a tutor application.
- Obtain a written recommendation from an El Camino instructor.
- Submit an unofficial copy of their transcript(s).
- Enroll in Tutor Training 200.
For questions or to obtain an application to become a tutor, please contact
Lisa George at (310) 660-3593 extension 6722 or TutoringInfo@elcamino.edu
TUTOR TRAINING 200
Theory and Practice of Tutoring
Tutor Training 200 is a one-unit course that is designed for students who intend to
be tutors. The course content includes learning theories, tutorial techniques, program
procedures, responsibilities, and tutoring practices.
Tutoring Training 200 meets the College Reading Learning Association (CRLA) training
program requirements and is designed to help student tutors learn to communicate effectively
with students who need academic assistance.
Pass/no pass only
1 unit: 1 hour lecture
(6 week course)
Credit, degree applicable