Complete El Camino College application. (Starting November 1st, 2017)
Submit FYE application. (Click here to submit!) (Starting November 10th, 2017)
After you have applied, you will receive an email notification with the contact information to schedule your appointment with an FYE counselor. If you have any questions please contact us at: (310) 660-6936.
First Year Experience Program (FYE)
FYE IS STILL ACCEPTING STUDENTS FOR FALL 2018! CLICK BELOW TO APPLY!
The First Year Experience Program will begin accepting applications November 10, 2017.
You must be a graduating High School Senior to qualify for our program.
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Join FYE! (Provided by the office of Institutional Research)
**Please note: All prospective El Camino College students should submit their admissions application for fall 2018 beginning November 1, 2017 to begin the process of enrolling, assessing, and completing the orientation process for fall 2017. We encourage all prospective students to get an early start and apply to El Camino College as early as November.
- Students who participate in the First Year Experience Program (FYE) need fewer courses in English and Math to successfully complete transfer-level English and college-level math than students who did not participate in FYE.
- FYE students reach the 30-unit threshold faster than students who do not participate in FYE, achieving 30 units nearly one term faster than students who were not in FYE program.
- FYE students are twice as likely to earn their associate degrees within a three-year time period than students who are not in FYE.
- FYE students are more likely to persist into their second year at El Camino College than students who are not in FYE.
- Last, FYE students are more likely to transfer to 4 year universities than students who did not participate in FYE. There is a 20-25 point difference for students participating in FYE.
Learn How to Be a Successful Student
Starting a new educational journey can be exciting and overwhelming. Whether you are transitioning from high school or returning after a few years of working, there are so many decisions to make and challenges to face. The First Year Experience program is designed to help you be successful in your first year of college life by providing a supportive, caring environment of educational and career services.
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing an educational and employment environment in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental or physical), sex, gender (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or retaliation; or on any other basis as required by state and federal law.