ABOUT THE FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
FYE IS STILL ACCEPTING STUDENTS FOR FALL 2018! CLICK BELOW TO APPLY!
The First Year Experience Program is designed to prepare you for academic success and to help you in selecting the
career path that's right for you. Whether you are transitioning from high school or
just beginning your college education, the rigors of college life can present even
the best students with challenges that require major adjustments. Sometimes getting
started may seem overwhelming, as there are many decisions to make. That's why we
have created a supportive environment here at El Camino College where there are people
and programs to assist you with your college career.
Through the First Year Experience program, you will learn more about how to be a successful student. You will gain
knowledge of how to study and learn in groups; have access to vital campus and college
resources; be able to explore a chosen major and create a career plan; interact in
a multicultural environment; develop important study skills; and learn how to access
and manage electronic information, such as e-mail, Internet, and library databases.
The First Year Experience program offers you...
- Early Group Registration for all ECC classes to help ensure enrollment in desired courses.
- Orientation - A variety of special events especially designed to enhance your transition to college.
- First Year Experience Counselor will help students with: academic planning, personal counseling, and career development
- Learning Community Courses, which will help satisfy general education and elective graduation requirements.
Students may also take additional classes, outside the cluster, to reach full-time
- Strategies for Success in College course designed to introduce new students to college life and expectations.
- First Year Experience Faculty - A team of professional, caring and committed faculty dedicated to supporting the
success of First Year Students
- Field trips to various UC, CSU, & Private Universities.
- Guest Speakers
How to join FYE:
- After you have applied, you will receive an email notification with the contact information
to schedule your appointment with an FYE counselor. If you have any questions please
contact us at: (310) 660-6936.