Information for Graduates
Commencement Ceremony participants will receive a diploma cover at the time their name is read. The actual diplomas will be mailed at a later date (around September/October).
Caps, Gowns and Announcements
Caps, gowns, and announcements will be available at the Bookstore during regular business hours through commencement day at 3:00 p.m. These gowns are for you to keep and are non-returnable. Purchase price includes cap, gown, and blue tassel. An extra blue tassel may be purchased. All Sales Are Final (no returns, even if unused). Caps and gowns will only be sold to students who have completed their degree requirements this year (2017-2018) or who have applied for graduation and are eligible to graduate. Graduates must be in ECC blue cap and gown to participate in commencement ceremony.
FREE parking is available in the Lot C parking structure on Manhattan Beach Blvd. and the Lot F parking structure located west of the Stadium. After the ceremony concludes, graduates will be released in the plaza between Lot C and the Bookstore building. Please meet your graduate in the plaza. We recommend guests park in Lot C and Lot F because they are the closest parking lots to the plaza where the ceremony concludes. Lot H and J access will be restricted to employees on Commencement day. . View the campus map online at www.elcamino.edu/about/maps/ecc-campus-map.pdf.
Livestream video will be available for friends and family who can't make it to the stadium via this link: www.elcamino.edu/livestream. The broadcast begins at 3:45 p.m. and the ceremony begins at 4 p.m. The video will also be available for online viewing after the ceremony at www.elcamino.edu/livestream through July 5.
Extended Bookstore Hours
The ECC Bookstore will be open until 7 p.m. Friday, June 8. Stop by and purchase ECC merchandise, last minute graduation gifts, or be ready for summer with textbooks, art supplies and other items you need to succeed.
The commencement program lists your name if you submitted your Intent to Graduate paperwork before the deadline and meet graduation requirements. Participants will receive a copy of the program at the Graduate Assembly in the Marsee Auditorium and guests will receive a copy of the program at the ceremony. Click here for a PDF of the commencement program.
Graduates Do's and Don'ts
- Arrive at Marsee Auditorium promptly at 3 p.m. Pick up a program, take a seat in the auditorium, and wait for further instructions.
- Pay attention to instructions given to you in the auditorium, on the field, and from the podium. You may be asked to change lines or stand at a particular time, and you will need to be ready.
- Be dressed in your ECC blue cap and gown when you arrive. Graduates not wearing the ECC blue cap and gown will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Check to see that your gown is zipped up and your appearance is neat. You have accomplished a great feat and should look your best.
- Leave all personal belongings (such as purses, flowers, gifts, cards, etc.) with family members in the stands. There is not enough room under the chairs and between the rows to store these items and they may be stepped on or tripped over as others exit the row to receive their diploma cover.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate footwear for walking on areas with varying surfaces. For graduates with a disability or mobility impairment, a cart will be available to shuttle you to the Stadium.
- Do not be late! The ceremony starts promptly at 4 p.m. If you arrive late, find an usher to help you find a seat.
- Do not leave the protected surface and step onto the field at any time.
- Do not talk on a cell phone while marching to your seat. If you must call family in the stands, please wait until you are at your seat so the procession will move along quickly.
- Do not take pictures while marching to your seat. Ample time is given at the end of the ceremony for photographs with family and friends.
- No smoking or tobacco products.
- Do not leave the graduate line at any time, especially while still in the stadium.