Information for Graduates
Commencement Ceremony participants will receive a diploma cover at the time their name is read. The actual diplomas will be mailed at a later date (around September/October).
Special pricing on graduation packages will be available during Grad Fest! Come to the Bookstore on May 17 and 18, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Caps, Gowns, Announcements, and Class Rings
Caps, gowns, and announcements will be available at the Bookstore during Grad Fest on May 17 and 18, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. After Grad Fest, these items may be purchased at the Bookstore during regular business hours through commencement day at 3:00 p.m. These gowns are for you to keep and are non-returnable. Purchase price includes cap, gown, and blue tassel. An extra blue tassel may be purchased. All Sales Are Final (no returns, even if unused). Caps and gowns will only be sold to students who have completed their degree requirements this year (2016-2017) or who have applied for graduation and are eligible to graduate. Graduates must be in ECC blue cap and gown to participate in commencement ceremony.
For information on class rings, please visit www.herffjones.com.
Graduate Studio Photographs
The Bookstore has arranged to have a professional photographer take graduate portraits with studio lights and backgrounds in the Bookstore during Grad Fest, May 17 and 18, as well as June 7, 8, and 9, 2017. For pricing information and studio dates, pick up a flier at the Bookstore or visit www.SteveEscarcega.com.
Photo of Graduates
Taken during the Ceremony as diploma cover is received. Digital proofs will be emailed
within 2-4 days following the ceremony to all graduates who provide their email address
to Grad Images representatives at the ceremony. Paper proofs will be mailed within 5-7
days following the ceremony to all graduates who provide their address to Grad Images
representatives at the ceremony. For additional information log on to their website
For friends and family who can't make it to the stadium, they can watch the pomp and circumstance via livestream video: http://www.elcamino.edu/livestream. Select “2017 El Camino Commencement Ceremony.” The broadcast begins at 3:45 p.m. and the ceremony begins at 4:00 p.m.
Graduates Do's and Don'ts
- Arrive at Marsee Auditorium promptly at 3 p.m. Pick up a program, take a seat in the auditorium, and wait for further instructions.
- Pay attention to instructions given to you in the auditorium, on the field, and from the podium. You may be asked to change lines or stand at a particular time, and you will need to be ready.
- Be dressed in your ECC blue cap and gown when you arrive. Graduates not wearing the ECC blue cap and gown will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Check to see that your gown is zipped up and your appearance is neat. You have accomplished a great feat and should look your best.
- Leave all personal belongings (such as purses, flowers, gifts, cards, etc.) with family members in the stands. There is not enough room under the chairs and between the rows to store these items and they may be stepped on or tripped over as others exit the row to receive their diploma cover.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate footwear for walking on areas with varying surfaces.
- Do not be late! The ceremony starts promptly at 4 p.m. If you arrive late, find an usher to help you find a seat.
- Do not leave the protected surface and step onto the field at any time.
- Do not talk on a cell phone while marching to your seat. If you must call family in the stands, please wait until you are at your seat so the procession will move along quickly.
- Do not take pictures while marching to your seat. Ample time is given at the end of the ceremony for photographs with family and friends.
- No smoking or tobacco products.
- Do not leave the graduate line at any time, especially while still in the stadium.