Prerequisite Clearance Process
A prerequisite is a condition of enrollment that a student is required to meet in order to demonstrate readiness for enrolling in a course or educational program. Co-requisites are courses that a student is required to take simultaneously in order to enroll in another course. A recommended preparation is an advisory for a course that a student is advised, but not required, to take in conjunction with, or prior to, a course or program. Colleges shall ensure that course prerequisites and co-requisites are properly validated pursuant to Title 5 and El Camino College District Administrative Procedure 4260.
**PLEASE READ THE STEPS THOROUGHLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CLEARANCE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW PROCEDURES FOR CLEARANCE SUBMISSIONS WILL DELAY YOUR REQUEST.**
Steps for the Prerequisite Clearance Process
- If a student believes a course taken at another college or university meets the prerequisite
for an El Camino College course in which he/she wishes to enroll, the student may
submit a Prerequisite Clearance Form for review.
- To submit a Prerequisite Clearance Form, please complete the following:
- Email the linked form below and all documentation (transcripts, official letters, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to El Camino College, Counseling Division, 16007 Crenshaw Blvd. Torrance, CA
90506. You must submit documentation, even if your transcripts are already on file.
- Email the linked form below and all documentation (transcripts, official letters, etc.) to email@example.com or mail to El Camino College, Counseling Division, 16007 Crenshaw Blvd. Torrance, CA 90506. You must submit documentation, even if your transcripts are already on file.
- For faster service, please submit all documents in PDF format. Most screenshots and photographs are not legible and therefore not acceptable. If you are submitting documents via your mobile device, try using a PDF creator
such as CamScanner or Adobe Scan. Once all documentation and forms have been received,
clearances will be reviewed and processed within 3 business days.
- The hours of operation for the online prerequisite clearance processing are Monday
through Thursday, 8:00am to 4:00pm and Fridays 9:00am to 1:00pm. Emails received
after hours will be reviewed the next business day.