Foster & Kinship Education
The Foster & Kinship Education Program offers classes for both youth and adults. Classes for the youth are designed to prepare them with the skills to successfully emancipate from being wards of the court. The adult classes provide both pre-service classes for prospective Resource Foster and Adoptive parents and continuing education for existing Resource Foster and Kinship caregivers. The following provides an overview of our course offerings:
- Foster & Kinship Care Education (FKCE)
- Relative Caregiver (Kinship) and non-related family caregivers — Enhanced Orientation and other classes designed for those caregivers.
- D-Rate Pre-Service and Continuing Education Classes
- F-Rate / Medical Foster Care Pre-Services and Continuing Education Classes
- Renewal Classes for B, D, F Rate and Whole Family re-certifications
- Whole Family Foster Care for families parenting teens
- Resource Family Approval (RFA)
- This class is for prospective resource foster and adoptive parents
Download the El Camino College Foster and Kinship Schedule of Classes:
October - December 2017 Class Schedule (PDF)
Youth Mental Health First Aid - Saturday, November 18, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
View the Foster & Kinship Care Education Program (FKCE) Classes
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||call for hours|
|Wednesday||call for hours|
|Thursday||call for hours|
|Friday||call for hours|
|Saturday||call for hours|
*Appointments are also available.