College students, of all ages, like others in the general population, struggle with various issues related to home, work, school and relationships. These issues can range in intensity from mild to severe and can involve family, friends, teachers and employers, for example. At the Student Health Center, the psychological services staff is available to talk confidentially with any student (with current ID) about the challenges with which they are faced. We do our work with the utmost respect for those who come to see us, without judgement. We will try to offer options and solutions that you may not have considered. We will listen carefully to your problems and try to help you find approaches to the everyday dilemmas that you confront. We are aware that it can take a lot of courage to walk through the door of our facility to discuss personal issues.
Mental Health Links and Resources
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - National: 1-800-950-6264 - Provides support for family members of those with mental illness.
- Lifeline Crisis Chat - 1-800-273-8255 - Online support, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention services.
Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Al-Anon Family Groups - Al-Anon is a mutual support group of peers who learn from and share their experiences about having a family member who suffers from alcohol abuse.
- American Cancer Society - Get help quitting smoking.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - ADAA is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and co-occurring disorders through education, practice, and research.
- American and Psychological Association - How to Identify and treat Anxiety and Panic Disorder.
Body Image and Eating Disorders
- National Eating Disorders Association - NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- Eating Disorder Hope - Offers education, support, and inspiration to individuals with eating disorders, their loved ones, and eating disorders treatment providers.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - Tips to manage anxiet and depression, understand the facts and get treatment.
- National Institute of Mental Health - Signs, symptoms and resources.
- Safe and Healthy Intimate Relationships - This guide was created to remove some of the mystery from sexual health and give students the appropriate resources and information to make sure they stay healthy, happy and safe throughout their college days and beyond.
Psychological Health Issues
- American Psychological Association - Psychology Help Center - Information related to daily physical and emotional well-being.
- Transition Year - Source for emotional help in college.
Rape, Sexual Assault, Human Trafficking and Abuse Resources and Information
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center - 1-877-739-3895 - Information and support for survivors of sexual violence.
- RAINN.org - 1-800-656-4673 - Information and support for survivors of rape, abuse and incest.
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- It Gets Better Project – Uplift, empower and connect.
- Make the Connection - Maketheconnection.net connects Veterans, their family members and friends, and other advocates with mental health information, local resources, and inspiring stories of recovery. Visitors can find reliable information on how to cope with challenges such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury, military sexual trauma, and transitioning from service.
* If you would like help with any of these concerns, please visit the Student Health Services Center to make a therapy appointment with a Psychologist. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
DISCLAIMER: The links provided are for informational purposes only. We do not authorize, endorse or sponsor these websites, their products, or providers.
In Progress... Anticipated Spring 2019
In Progress... Anticipated Spring 2019