General Health Links and Resources
For Mental Health Links and Resources, please see the Psychological Services tab.
Asthma & Allergies
- American Lung Association: Learn about asthma causes and risk factors, diagnosing and treating asthma.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Allergy symptoms, diagnosis, treatment & management.
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- CDC - Cholesterol Information: Learn about managing high cholesterol.
- American Heart Association: Understanding blood pressure readings.
- CDC - Heart Disease: Take steps to lower your risk for heart disease.
- American Diabetes Association: Risks, causes, symptoms and treatments for diabetes.
- Mayo Clinic - Heart Burn: Symptoms, causes and risk factors for heart burn.
- Mayo Clinic - Diarrhea: Treatments and remedies.
- Mayo Clinic - Nausea and Vomiting: Causes and when to see a doctor.
Flu & Common Cold
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Cold versus Flu.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Common Colds: Protect yourself and others.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Flu symptoms & complications.
Healthy weight/Nutrition/Physical Exercise
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute: Aim for a healthy weight.
- Choose My Plate: Building blocks for a healthy diet.
- Move Your Way - Physical Exercise: No matter who you are, you can find safe, fun ways to get active.
- National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Medicine: Energy Drinks - Facts and information.
- Choose My Plate: Make better beverage choices.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STD Fact Sheets.
CDC - Human Papillomavirus: HPV Facts and Brochures.
American Sexual Health Association: HIV Facts, Testing and Prevention.
- American Cancer Society: Deciding to quit smoking and making a plan.
- American Cancer Society: Information about E-Cigarettes, Vaping and JUUL.
- California Smokers' Helpline: Get help quitting smoking.
* If you would like help with any of these concerns, please visit the Student Health Services Center to make an appointment. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
DISCLAIMER: The links provided are for informational purposes only. We do not authorize, endorse or sponsor these websites, their products, or providers.