General Health Links and Resources
For Mental Health Links and Resources, please see the Psychological Services tab.
Asthma & Allergies
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Allergy symptoms, diagnosis, treatment & management.
- American Lung Association: Learn about asthma causes and risk factors, diagnosing and treating asthma.
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
- American Heart Association: Understanding blood pressure readings.
- CDC - Cholesterol Information: Learn about managing high cholesterol.
- CDC - Heart Disease: Take steps to lower your risk for heart disease.
- American Diabetes Association: Risks, causes, symptoms and treatments for diabetes.
- Mayo Clinic - Diarrhea: Treatments and remedies.
- Mayo Clinic - Heart Burn: Symptoms, causes and risk factors for heart burn.
- Mayo Clinic - Nausea and Vomiting: Causes and when to see a doctor.
Flu & Common Cold
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Cold versus Flu.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Common Colds: Protect yourself and others.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Flu symptoms & complications.
Healthy weight/Nutrition/Physical Exercise
- CalFresh Program: CalFresh is for people with low-income who meet federal income eligibility rules and want to add to their budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table.
- Choose My Plate: Building blocks for a healthy diet.
- Choose My Plate: Make better beverage choices.
- Move Your Way - Physical Exercise: No matter who you are, you can find safe, fun ways to get active.
- National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Medicine: Energy Drinks - Facts and information.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute: Aim for a healthy weight.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- American Sexual Health Association: HIV Facts, Testing and Prevention.
- GYT: Get Yourself Tested Campaign: Get Yourself Tested campaign is a youthful, empowering social movement to encourage young people to get tested and treated, as needed, for STDs & HIV.
CDC - Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STD Fact Sheets.
CDC - Human Papillomavirus: HPV Facts and Brochures.
- American Cancer Society: Deciding to quit smoking and making a plan.
- American Cancer Society: Information about E-Cigarettes, Vaping and JUUL.
- California Smokers' Helpline: Get help quitting smoking.
* If you would like help with any of these concerns, please visit the Student Health Services Center to make an appointment. In the event of an emergency, please dial 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
DISCLAIMER: The links provided are for informational purposes only. We do not authorize, endorse or sponsor these websites, their products, or providers.