KEAS Program

KEAS Program Resources

AB 540 and Undocumented Student

If you are a student who identifies as undocumented or AB 540 and are pursuing a college education, this page can help you understand how to access and request financial aid at El Camino College, locate scholarships, university grants and outside resources. Dream on!
This site is designed to address the most common questions raised by unprotected immigrant students like you who want a better future.

El Camino College Financial Aid Office
Information about Dream Act and AB 540 eligibility at El Camino College.

U.S. Department of Education Resource Guide
Provides scholarship information and resources available to AB 540 students.


California DREAM Act

Assembly Bills 130 & 131, known as the California DREAM Act of 2011, are laws that increase access to financial aid for undocumented students who attend a public university, community college or private college in California. The DREAM act allows undocumented students to receive scholarships administered by public institutions (AB-130) and state funded grants including Cal Grants, Board of Governor’s Fee Waivers and university grants (AB-131). To qualify, students must meet the requirements for AB 540 and not be eligible to apply for the FAFSA.

California Dream Act Homepage
Homepage of the California Student Aid Commission

CA Student Aid Commission: Completing the California Dream Act Application
Includes step-by-step guide on how to answer each section of the Dream Act application.

CA Student Aid Commission Guide for Undocumented Students
Includes information about the DREAM act and steps on filling out the application.


Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal.

Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
This page provides information on requesting consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA). You may request DACA for the first time or renew your existing period of DACA if it is expiring.

Own the Dream
Learn about DACA, how to apply and finding legal help for students.

Undocumented Student Program at UC Berkeley
Information on DACA, how to find legal support and community legal resources.


Additional Resources

How to Support College-Bound Undocumented Students
Advice for parents of undocumented students.

Keeping the Dream Alive: Resource Guide for Undocumented Students (National Council of La Raza)
Learn how to market yourself, fundraise for school and how to write a resume/cover letter.

Life After College: A Guide for Undocumented Students
Information on going to graduate and professional school, getting internships, looking for employment and more.