Associated Students Organization (ASO)
What is Associated Student Organization (ASO)?
The Associated Students Organization (ASO) is the student government of ECC. We serve as elected representatives for the student body. However, vacancies can be filled through an appointment process after Spring elections.
- We use our leadership skills to stay informed on current issues pertaining to the students, and we commit to improving the quality of education and increasing student involvement on campus.
- Duties within ASO may vary with position. Some of our responsibilities are to serve on the Senate, Cabinet, ASO committees, and campus-wide committees. We also plan, promote, and volunteer for events to engage the student body.
How Do I Join ASO?
- ASO/ICC Open Interviews will take place Monday & Wednesday, August 7th and 9th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in the ASO Executive Office (in the Student Activities Center).
- These are NOT appointments--it will be first-come, first-served. Coming earlier is best to ensure a spot with enough time.
- We will be taking applicants for BOTH ASO and ICC positions, so applicants may feel free to apply for one or both organizations.
- Fill out the application and bring it to the open interview. Positions that are lined out are no longer available.
- Qualifications for student government office or ICC office are detailed on the first page of the application.
2017-2018 ASO Election Results
ASO Mission Statement
We, the students of the Associated Student Organization, serve as your elected representatives, and we act as your liaison for the community college. We use our leadership skills to stay informed on current issues pertaining to the students, and we commit to improving the quality of education and increasing student involvement on campus.