South Bay Promise
College is expensive. We want to help! The South Bay Promise offers an affordable pathway directly from high school to college for students in the El Camino Community College District. Enrollment fees for the first year will be paid for full-time students and additional services and counseling will be offered to students enrolled in the South Bay Promise.
Steps to Enrollment
- Apply for Admissions
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA or California Dream Act)
- Complete ECC Orientation
- Complete ECC English and Math Assessments or Equivalent
- Meet with Counselor to Develop an Educational Plan
- Complete and submit South Bay Promise application (available December 7, 2017)
- Register for a Minimum of 12 units fall and spring semesters
How do I qualify?
- Attend El Camino College in the fall semester immediately after graduation from high school from one of the schools located in the El Camino Community College District
- Commit to full-time status of a minimum of 12 units
- Complete the enrollment steps below by April 30, 2018
- All eligibile students will be notified in May, 2018
What are the benefits for me?
- Enrollment fees paid for the first year up to 30 units
- Priority registration
- Access to English and math courses in your first year
- Participation in a student Support and Success Program
- Dedicated counselor for South Bay Promise students
- Personalized Support & Success Program orientations
Julieta Ortiz Arámburo, Coordinator
(310) 660-3593 x3430