South Bay Promise
College is expensive. We want to help! The South Bay Promise offers an affordable pathway directly from high school to college for students in the El Camino Community College District. Enrollment fees for the first year will be paid for full-time students and additional services and counseling will be offered to students enrolled in the South Bay Promise.
New for 2019! The South Bay Promise is available to all first-time, full-time college students (regardless of school district) who complete the steps below and attend El Camino the fall after their senior year.
The application for the Fall 2019 South Bay Promise is now available! Please click the button below to start your application.
Note: you must have completed the El Camino College Application for Admission before completing this form and include your El Camino College Student ID number.
Steps for Eligibility
By April 30, 2019
- Apply for Admission for Fall 2019
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA or California Dream Act)
- Complete "Level Up" English and Mathematics Placement Survey in MyECC
- Complete New Student Orientation
- Meet with an El Camino Counselor to Create an Educational Plan
- Complete and submit South Bay Promise Application
After April 30, 2019
- Join an eligible Student Support & Success Program (requirements and applications deadlines vary)
- Register for a minimum of 12 units for both Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
How do I qualify?
- Attend El Camino College in the fall semester immediately after graduation from high school
- Commit to full-time status of a minimum of 12 units for both Fall and Spring semester
- Complete the above steps for eligibility by the appropriate deadlines
What are the benefits for me?
- Enrollment fees paid for the first year (up to 30 units)
- Priority registration your first semester
- Access to English and math courses in your first year
- Participation in a Student Support & Success Program
- Personalized Support & Success Program orientations
Please check with each program for application and eligibility information.