Information for Parents
What is the Promise?
The South Bay Promise removes financial barriers and creates pathways to increase college readiness, access, affordability, and success for all students and their families.
Your students' futures look more promising than ever at El Camino Community College. We promise to commit to their success, provide access and support, and ensure they are prepared and ready for their first year at El Camino College. The college is expanding the South Bay Promise to 500 students to provide high school graduates with the opportunity to get their first year of enrollment fees covered at El Camino College.
The South Bay Promise begins fall 2018, and is open to all students who enroll at El Camino immediately after graduating from a high school located in the El Camino Community College District - cities include El Segundo, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Lawndale, Lennox, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, and Torrance.
South Bay Promise students who immediately enroll in the fall semester at El Camino College, are eligible to receive their first year free of enrollment fees. They must complete the necessary steps in order to become Promise students.
- You will save more than $1,100 in enrollment fees during first year at El Camino College
- Your student can register for classes early with priority registration
- Your student will set an academic plan for success and receive personalized counseling
- Your student will be connected with free tutoring and other academic support services
To be eligible for the South Bay Promise, students must...
- Enroll at El Camino College directly after graduating from a high school located within the district (Includes public, charter, private, or home schools)
- Complete financial aid applications
- Register for a minimum of 12 units in both fall and spring semesters at El Camino (maximum of 30 units in academic year)
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in the fall in order to be eligible for the Promise in the spring semester
- Complete one math and one English class during first year at ECC
If you still have questions about the South Bay Promise contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 660-3593 ext. 3430.