Information for Future Students
Your future looks more promising than ever at El Camino Community College. The college is expanding the South Bay Promise to 500 students to provide high school graduates with the opportunity to get their first year of enrollment fees free at El Camino College.
The South Bay Promise begins fall 2018, and is open to all students who enroll at El Camino immediately after graduating from a high school located in the El Camino College Community College District.
- Save more than $1,100 in enrollment fees during first year at El Camino College
- Register for classes early with priority registration
- Set an academic plan for success and receive personalized counseling
- Receive free tutoring and other academic support services
What Student Support & Success Programs are available?
How do I become eligible for the South Bay Promise?
To be eligible for the South Bay Promise, a student must:
- Enroll at El Camino directly after graduating from a high school located within the
district (Includes public, charter, private, or home schools)
- Complete financial aid applications (FAFSA or California Dream Act)
- Register for a minimum of 12 units in both fall and spring semesters at El Camino
(maximum of 30 units in academic year)
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in the fall in order to be eligible for the Promise
in the spring semester
- Complete one math and one English class during first year at ECC
What is the Promise?
The Promise removes financial barriers and creates pathways to increase college readiness, access, affordability, and success for all students and their families.
The Promise focuses on ensuring high school students feel prepared and ready to succeed in college. Students will become more familiar with El Camino College programs and services with a variety of workshops and outreach events. The Promise is one year of free enrolment fees at ECC.
If you still have questions about the South Bay Promise, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 660-3593 ext. 3430.