|What is the South Bay Promise?
WHAT ARE THE
1. Apply for Admissions
2. Apply for Financial Aid
3. Complete ECC Orientation
4. Complete ECC English and Math
5. Meet with Counselor to Develop
6. Apply for South Bay Promise
7. Register for a Minimum of 12 Units
College is expensive. We want to help! The South Bay Promise is a program that offers
an affordable pathway directly from high school to college for students in the El
Camino Community College District. Enrollment fees for the first year will be paid
for full time students and additional services and counseling will be offered to students
enrolled in the South Bay Promise.
|How do I Qualify?
• Attend El Camino College in the fall semester
• Commit to full-time status of a minimum of 12 units
• Complete the enrollment steps below by April 30th, 2018
|What are the benefits for me?
• Enrollment fees paid for the first year up to 30 units
• Priority registration
• Access to English and math courses in your first year
• Participation in a student Support and Success Program
• Dedicated counselor for South Bay Promise students
• Personalized Support & Success Program orientations
El Camino College
|SUPPORT AND SUCCESS PROGRAMS
Athletics | CalWORKS | CARE | EOPS | First Year Experience (FYE) | Guardian Scholars |
College is expensive and enrollment can be confusing. At El Camino College, we have a solution!
The South Bay Promise will pay for enrollment fees and FYE textbooks for the first
year at El Camino College, if you "promise" to attend in the fall after high school
graduation. *We help students prepare for college, identify career pathways, and provide
academic counseling services. You provide the dream of graduation and attending a
To make sure college is within your reach and you are successful with attaining your educational goals. Follow the eligibility checklist for your next steps. We'll see you next fall!
- Free enrollment fees during the first year of enrollment
- Free textbooks for FYE courses
- Participation in the First Year Experience (FYE) Program
- Academic counseling to assist with educational planning
- Extensive orientation and priority course registration
- Opportunities to participate in field trips
- Assistance transitioning from high school to college
Eligibility and Enrollment Checklist
- Apply to El Camino College for the Fall 2017 semester*
- Apply to FYE*
- Apply to South Bay Promise*
- Take the El Camino College English and Math placement tests*
- Attend an FYE Information Session*
- *Meet with an FYE counselor to develop an education plan*
- Apply for Financial Aid by March 2, 2017
- Attend an FYE Financial Aid Workshop (Summer 2017)
- Attend the South Bay Promise Welcome Reception
- Attend the FYE Student Orientation once you have been admitted to the program (August 2017)
*The deadline to complete steps 1-6 is April 30, 2017.
** Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by the First Year Experience office. You will be notified through email if you have been selected to proceed to the next round for an interview.
To learn more about the South Bay Promise, please contact the First Year Experience Program by calling (310) 660-6936 or visiting Student Services Center, 204.