South Bay Promise
College is expensive. We want to help! The South Bay Promise offers an affordable pathway directly from high school to college for students in the El Camino Community College District. Enrollment fees for the first year will be paid for full-time students and additional services and counseling will be offered to students enrolled in the South Bay Promise.
The application for the Fall 2019 South Bay Promise is now available!
New for this year is an online form. Please click the button below to start your application.
Note: you must have completed the El Camino College application for admission before completing this form and include your El Camino College Student ID number.
Steps for Eligibility
- Apply for Admission
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA or California Dream Act)
- Complete ECC Orientation
- Complete ECC English and Math Assessments or Equivalent
- Meet with an ECC Counselor to Develop an Educational Plan
- Complete and submit South Bay Promise Application
- Register for a Minimum of 12 units Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
How do I qualify?
- Attend El Camino College in the fall semester immediately after graduation from high school
- Commit to full-time status of a minimum of 12 units for Fall and Spring
- Complete the steps for eligibility (above) by April 30, 2019
- Join one of our Student Support & Success Programs listed below
What are the benefits for me?
- Enrollment fees paid for the first year (up to 30 units)
- Priority registration your first semester
- Access to English and math courses in your first year
- Participation in a Student Support & Success Program
- Personalized Support & Success Program orientations
What Student Support & Success Programs are available?
Call the Outreach and School Relations Office at 310-660-3487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.