UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMS
Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) – UCLA
Students in the Honors Transfer Program at El Camino College who are applying to a
major in UCLA's College of Letters and Sciences are automatically a part of the UCLA
TAP. Students will receive transfer counseling and guidance to become a competitive
applicant, as well as Priority Admission Consideration upon completion of the Honors
Transfer Program and the requirements of the TAP.
Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) – UC Berkeley
The Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) provides disadvantaged California community college students with information and support services that will facilitate their transfer to the University of California at Berkeley. Students will receive specific support services that will enhance their transfer to the University of California at Berkeley. Services include:
- TAP Coordinator at El Camino College at least twice a month to meet with students.
- Admission application and personal statement assistance.
- Academic enrichment opportunities such as a six-week summer session or summer research
project with a professor at the UC Berkeley campus (free).
Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement – Loyola Marymount University (LMU)
In order to qualify for the guaranteed admission transfer agreement students must fulfill the following conditions as outlined in the official LMU Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement:
- Earn the minimum Cumulative GPA as outlined in the agreement students for your specific
*Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts: Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
*College of Communications and Fine Arts: Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
*College of Business Administration: Minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA.
- Complete a minimum of 30 transferable units including any additional coursework as
required by your major. Please see a counselor for specific details.
- Programs NOT included in the LMU Transfer Admission Agreement: All Majors in The School
of Film and Television, and all majors in The Seaver College of Science and Engineering.
- Submit your application to LMU by the February 1 deadline.
Community College Partnership Programs – UCLA
The Community College Partnership Program with UCLA provides El Camino College students with:
- Peer Mentoring - a current UCLA student who successfully transferred from a community college is available on a weekly basis at El Camino College to answer questions and to assist you with the transfer process.
- "Bruin Buddy Day" – an opportunity to visit the UCLA campus and "pair-up" with a UCLA student of the same major as your guide, sit-in on their classes, and feel what it's like to be a Bruin.
- Opportunity to participate in summer residential and non-residential programs for transfer students at the UCLA campus.
Transfer Admissions Priority Consideration (TAP) – Howard University and Spelman College
Howard University – Priority consideration for admission with the completion of a specific number of units, GPA, and courses. Priority consideration is also given for housing and for scholarships for students with a 3.30 and higher GPA.
Spelman College – Priority consideration for admission with the completion of a specific number of units, GPA, and courses. Priority consideration is also given for housing.