WRITING CENTER RULES
COMPUTER USE: Computers are to be used for completion of assignments in classes that students are currently enrolled in.
- NO sending and/or receiving non-academic emails.
- NO online chatting.
- NO web communities, i.e., Facebook, MySpace, BlackPlanet, Friendster, Zanga, EBay, MTV, Video games sites, etc.
- NO computer games.
- NO food, drinks, cellphones, music devices (MP3s, iPods, CD players).
- NO disruptive behavior.
- Never load files onto the hard drive.
- All documents saved to the hard drive will be deleted.
- Save all work on a USB/flash drive.
- A USB/flash drive is required for printing. Printing from your email is not allowed.
What you can print:
Examples of what you cannot print:
- On arriving, you must check in at the front desk; an ECC student ID with the current sticker is required.
- Don’t leave your computer unattended. (If you need to use the restroom, notify the receptionist.)
- Don’t check in for a tutoring conference until you have finished with your computer and signed out.
- On leaving, close all applications, log off from your computer, and push in your chair. Do not power off your computer. You must check out at the front desk.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES:
- After two warnings (one verbal, one written), failure to abide by the rules will result in your being suspended from the lab.
- The Writing Center reserves the right to suspend a student without warning if the disruption is significant.