ALPHA GAMMA SIGMA
Alpha Gamma Sigma, the Honor and Scholarship Society, is the academic honor society and service organization of the California Community College system. It was founded to help promote, maintain and recognize scholastic achievement and community service among students. Because AGS is also a student club and one of the largest organizations on campus, it attracts many students of all majors pursuing academic excellence.
- Meetings are held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 1PM-2PM in MBA 319. First meeting is Tuesday, February 26, 2013.
- Applications and point sheets are available at the front counter of the student activities center.
- “AGS Application-Click to Download” PDF LINK TO APPLICATION
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- incoming high school students need to have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
REQUIREMENTS AFTER JOINING
- Maintain GPA
- Get 10 Service Points per semester
HOW TO GET SERVICE POINTS
- CLUB: Attend meetings (1 point per meeting) or club events (1 point per hour)
- CAMPUS: Participate in activities on campus (1 point per hour)
- COMMUNITY: Do community service (1 point per hour signed off by supervisor)
- “AGS Point Sheet-Click to Download” PDF LINK TO POINT SHEET
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT MEMBERSHIP
- Apply after completing 60 units (a minimum of 30 from ECC) with a 3.25 GPA and 2 semesters of membership in the club OR
- Apply after completing 60 units (a minimum of 30 from ECC) with a 3.5 GPA and 1 semester of membership in the club
- “AGS Permanent Membership Application-Click to Download” Due March 26, 2013.
BENEFITS OF JOINING
- Wear a gold stole during the graduation ceremony
- Receive an honor society notation on your transcript
- Receive an official AGS seal on your diploma