Welcome to El Camino College!
We are glad you made the decision to begin your educational journey at ECC! We are here to help you succeed in accomplishing your educational goals. Please make sure you follow the Steps to Enroll for a smooth and successful transition:
Why Complete the New Student Orientation?
You will receive...
- Certificate, Associate Degree, and Transfer Information
- General Information on the Admissions and registration process
- Information on College Resources and Academic Support Programs
- Survival Tips on Being a Successful College Student
- Answers to your College Questions
There are 2 ways to complete the New Student Orientation
Students who complete the in-person orientation will have the opportunity to meet with an Academic Counselor after the orientation workshop to receive academic counseling and an abbreviated educational plan.
Before you attend you must:
- Prepare for and take the English and Math Placement Assessment Tests.
- Bring the test results with you to your orientation workshop.
If you would like to attend an in-person New Student Orientation and meet with an Academic Counselor to develop an educational plan please contact the Counseling Appointment Center at 310-660-3458 or the RISE Center at 310-660-3458 ext. 7800.
2. Online via MyECC
Students who complete the Online Orientation will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor.
Steps to complete the Online Orientation:
- Log on to your MyECC account
- Under 'Web Services' click on 'Online Student Orientation'
- Print the Confirmation Page upon completion
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor (bring the confirmation page to your counseling appointment). Instructions on how to schedule a counseling appointment
Check out the ECC Student Planner for additional resources.
Note: If you have any problems viewing the student planner, you may need to upgrade your Flash Player.
Having difficulty with the online orientation? Seeing a blank screen?
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday||8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
Questions? Call 310-660-3458 or 310-660-3593 ext.7800
or email us at email@example.com