Counseling Front Desk
Responsive to the needs of students
Innovative strategies for success
Synergetic and working together through collaboration
Engaging students, faculty and the community
The RISE Center is committed to being an active participant in the student's educational experience so he or she receives the support and attention necessary to be successful academically. With other academic and student support services, the RISE Center offers a variety of services and activities to support student success such as workshops, academic counseling, a computer lab and referrals to on- or off-campus resources. The RISE Center is located on the second floor of the Student Services Center, Room 213.
RISE Mission Statement
The RISE Center seeks to be a positive resource for El Camino College students, college and community by providing comprehensive, collaborative services necessary for academic success. We seek to promote educational goal attainment, personal growth and responsibility in students while actively engaging their diverse backgrounds.
RISE Vision Statement
The RISE Center is focused on supporting the potential of all students to succeed personally and academically. RISE is committed to being an active partner in the academic experience of students so they may receive needed support and attention for success.
- New Student Orientation - A two-hour orientation designed to assist students entering the college for the first time. Orientations are offered online and in-person.
- Academic Counseling - Counselors focus on academic counseling, and help students identify their personal responsibilities. Counselors also work with students to identify current or potential barriers to success and assist in developing action plans to meet academic or personal goals.
- Student Success Workshops - RISE hosts a variety of workshops on topics such as financial aid literacy, time management and procrastination.
- Registration Assistance Lab - RISE offers a computer lab that students may use for registration, adding and dropping, checking MyECC and looking up any El Camino College related information.
- Referrals - RISE offers referrals to community and on-campus resources for students. Please see the “campus resources” and “community resources” tabs on our Web page. Contact our office at 310-660-3593 ext. 7800 for additional assistance.
- One-Stop Services - New students can come to one of our "One Stop" dates to complete an orientation, education plan, and receive registration help – all in the same day! This service is available during spring-break and in the summer.
Click the button below for dates and sign-up information: