TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEE (TAG) 2017
El Camino College has TAGs with the following universities and colleges:
Historically Black Colleges & Universities
General UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG) Criteria:
- You must meet the definition of a California community college student.
- You have been enrolled at one or more CCCs for at least two regular terms (excludes summer sessions).
- You have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) UC-transferable units at one or more CCC's.
- You are attending a CCC as your last college before transfer (excludes summer sessions).
- Complete at least 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of spring prior to fall admission.
- Complete the following 7-course pattern requirements, earning a grade of C or better in each course by the end of spring prior to fall admission:
- Two UC transferable college courses in English composition;
- One UC transferable college course in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning;
- Four UC transferable college courses selected from among at least two of the following three areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Biological and Physical Sciences
- All campuses require 30 UC transferable units completed by the end of the summer of the year you will submit a TAG application form and the UC Admissions Application.
- You may submit a UC TAG Application to only one of the six participating UC's (Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, and Santa Cruz).
- TAG applications must be submitted online at https://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu by September 30. The UC Admission Application must be submitted online at www.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply by November 30.
Criteria that will be specific to each UC campus:
- The GPA requirement will vary by UC campus and by major or college.
- The completion timeline of the English and math requirements will vary by UC campus.
- The supplemental criteria for selective majors will vary by UC campus (please check with a counselor).
Go to http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/transfer/guarantee/index.html
for the TAG Matrix, the online TAG form, and links to the individual UC campus TAG information and criteria.
General HBCU TAG Criteria:
- Each campus has a different minimum unit requirement ranging from 12 units completed to 30 units completed.
- The minimum GPA requirements vary by campus and range from 2.0-3.0.
- Please check with a counselor for the specific campus requirements.
- Other benefits may include priority consideration for housing; waiver of the application fee; and priority consideration for scholarships.