UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMS
Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) – UCLA
Students in the Honors Transfer Program at El Camino College who are applying to a major in UCLA's College of Letters and Sciences are automatically a part of the UCLA TAP. Students will receive transfer counseling and guidance to become a competitive applicant, as well as Priority Admission Consideration upon completion of the Honors Transfer Program and the requirements of the TAP.
Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) – UC Berkeley
The Transfer Alliance Project (TAP) provides disadvantaged California community college students with information and support services that will facilitate their transfer to the University of California at Berkeley. Students will receive specific support services that will enhance their transfer to the University of California at Berkeley. Services include:
- TAP Coordinator at El Camino College at least twice a month to meet with students.
- Admission application and personal statement assistance.
- Academic enrichment opportunities such as a six-week summer session or summer research project with a professor at the UC Berkeley campus (free).
Pathways to Success Enrollment Partnership – CSU Dominguez Hills
The Pathways to Success Enrollment Partnership program makes transfer from El Camino College to CSUDH seamless and simple. This relationship will allow for early recognition of the transfer process which will lead to improved access and student success. Admission to CSUDH is guaranteed upon completion of the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU transferable semester units with a 2.0 GPA.
- Must complete last 24 units at El Camino College.
- Complete Oral Communication, English Composition, Critical thinking, and Math requirements with C grade or better.
- Meet with the CSUDH representative at least once a semester.
Community College Partnership Programs – UCLA
The Community College Partnership Program with UCLA provides El Camino College students with:
- Peer Mentoring - a current UCLA student who successfully transferred from a community college is available on a weekly basis at El Camino College to answer questions and to assist you with the transfer process.
- "Bruin Buddy Day" – an opportunity to visit the UCLA campus and "pair-up" with a UCLA student of the same major as your guide, sit-in on their classes, and feel what it's like to be a Bruin.
- Opportunity to participate in summer residential and non-residential programs for transfer students at the UCLA campus.
Transfer Admissions Priority Consideration (TAP) – Howard University and Spelman College
Howard University – Priority consideration for admission with the completion of a specific number of units, GPA, and courses. Priority consideration is also given for housing and for scholarships for students with a 3.30 and higher GPA.
Spelman College – Priority consideration for admission with the completion of a specific number of units, GPA, and courses. Priority consideration is also given for housing.