THE EL CAMINO COLLEGE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP OFFICE
Want to get started now?
To begin the El Camino College Foundation Scholarship Online Application, please click here.
More than 650 scholarships totaling over $1.4 million are awarded annually to incoming high school students, students attending El Camino College and students transferring to the four-year university of their dreams. Many of these scholarships fully cover the cost of tuition, textbooks and fees.
We have a diverse scholarship program with criteria including:
- Honors and academic achievement
- Financial need
- Leadership and community service
- Organizational and campus club affiliation
- Special circumstances
The El Camino College Foundation Online Scholarship Application is open from late August to early December of every year. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and at least six graded units of El Camino College coursework are required for all scholarships. Some scholarships are based on financial need so you should complete the FAFSA before submitting your online scholarship application.
The El Camino College Foundation Online Scholarship Application can be accessed through the portal at MyECC. Once you have logged into the portal using your username and ID, click on the "scholarship application" link to register with the online scholarship database.
Please note: All incoming freshman enrolled in the fall semester with a minimum of six units for college credit are eligible to apply, as your coursework will have been completed at the time of the review process.
- When applying for scholarships, watch deadlines! Each scholarship program runs on its own schedule.
- Do your homework! Does your parent's employer or organizations they belong to offer scholarships? How about organizations and businesses within your community?
- Develop a great personal statement - This is an important part of your application! Create in MS Word then copy and past into the application.
Be aware of the warning signs listed below - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Scholarship with an application fee
- A guaranteed "win"
- Promise of "free money"
- Scholarship awards you never applied for
For free information or to file a complaint: http://www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams/
Search for Scholarships
To search for scholarships on the internet, click here.
Foundation Scholarship Office: (310) 660-6541, Administration Bldg. Room 119