FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE
LEARNING COMMUNITIES PROGRAM
|Please RSVP to the next FYE Information Session upon completing the following:
Please note: You must be in the senior graduating class of 2014 to participate in the First Year Experience program.
The First Year Experience Program (FYE) is now accepting applications for the fall 2014 cohort of students. If you will be part of the graduating senior class of 2014, then you will qualify to be part of the incoming freshman class. After you have submitted the FYE student application you will be invited to the campus to attend an upcoming information session to learn more about the program, services, and requirements to be eligible for the incoming class.
Please click here to apply to the FYE Program.
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Join FYE!
- Students who participate in the First Year Experience Program (FYE) need fewer courses in English and Math to successfully complete transfer-level English and college-level math than students who did not participate in FYE.
- FYE students reach the 30-unit threshold faster than students who do not participate in FYE, achieving 30 units nearly one term faster than students who were not in FYE program.
- FYE students are twice as likely to earn their associate degrees within a three-year time period than students who are not in FYE.
- FYE students are more likely to persist into their second year at El Camino College than students who are not in FYE.
- Last, FYE students are more likely to transfer to 4 year universities than students who did not participate in FYE. There is a 20-25 point difference for students participating in FYE.
** Provided by the office of Institutional Research
Learn How to Be a Successful Student
Starting a new educational journey can be exciting and overwhelming. Whether you are transitioning from high school or returning after a few years of working, there are so many decisions to make and challenges to face. The First Year Experience program is designed to help you be successful in your first year of college life by providing a supportive, caring environment of educational and career services.
• Early Group Registration
• FYE Bilingual Counselor
• Learning Community Courses
• Strategies for Success in College
• FYE Faculty
• Field Trips
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing equal opportunity in which no person is subjected to discrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or retaliation.