Warrior-Toro CS Pathway Learning Community
Join Warrior-Toro CS Pathway and become part of a learning community with other incoming freshmen studying computer science. Over the course of your time at El Camino College and CSUDH, your cohort will take most of your classes together, study together, and receive significant additional support including cohort enrichment workshops, professional development, tutoring, priority registration, and guidance to apply for competitive internship experiences. As part of the Warrior Toro CS Pathway program, you may be eligible for a need-based scholarship of up to $14K over the course of 4 years.
As a Warrior-Toro CS Pathway Scholar you commit to:
- Follow a predetermined course pathway that will lead to graduation in 4 years.
- Continuously demonstrate your commitment to the success of both you and your cohort through your work ethic, responsible behavior, and professionalism.
- Participate in all Warrior-Toro CS Pathway enrichment activities averaging 3-5 hours per week.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher in all courses at ECC and CSUDH.
We provide access to:
- Early course registration that guarantees pathway courses.
- A need-based scholarship totaling up to $14K over 4 years.
- Career and internship preparation assistance through workshops, industry networking opportunities, and even internship placements based on your academic performance.
- A learning community with study groups, enrichment, and tutoring for all Warrior-Toro CS Pathway participants.
Google Summer CSSI Extension
Students admitted into the Warrior-Toro CS Pathway cohort will have the opportunity to participate in Google's Summer CSSI Extension program. CSSI is not your average summer camp. It's an intensive, interactive, hands-on, and fun program that seeks to inspire the tech leaders and innovators of tomorrow by supporting the study of computer science, software engineering, and other closely-related subjects. It's an intensive, interactive, hands-on, and fun program that seeks to inspire the tech leaders and innovators of tomorrow by supporting the study of computer science, software engineering, and other closely-related subjects.
Things to know:
- You DO NOT need to apply to Google CSSI separately, If you are admitted to Warrior-Toro CS Pathway you are IN!
- Students will be taking the 3 week workshop at the California State University Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) Campus From August 5th through August 24th.
- The workshops will be led by instructors from El Camino College and CSUDH.
- You will have the opportunity to visit the Google Campus here in Los Angeles.
- Click here to read more about Google CSSI
Warrior-Toro CS Pathway Program Eligibility:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school
- Students with a GPA lower than a 3.0 will need to submit a short 1 page written essay explaining their plan for maintaining the required GPA if admitted to the program.
- Be Eligible for Math 180 (Pre-Calculus) and English 1A
- All students admitted to the program are required to participate and successfully complete Summer Boot Camp the summer prior to the 1st fall semester of the cohort. Summer Boot Camps will fulfill the requirement for Math 190 and English 1A.
- Agree to follow a predetermined course pathway that will lead to graduation in 4 years.