President’s Advisory Committee on Race and Equity
Black Lives Matter - Student and Faculty/Staff Portals to Resources
Final Report President’s Advisory Committee on Race and Equity (September 2020 June 2021)
Black Student Success Week
April 26-30, 2021 was Black Student Success Week. It was a powerful week full of daily webinars and information. If you were unable to attend, please listen using this link.
The purpose of the President’s Advisory Committee on Race and Equity is to advise the President on strategies to support an inclusive and welcoming campus climate for all students, faculty and staff. The Committee will develop a set of objectives and activities that support this vision. The Committee will use a tri-chair model to conduct its work.
There are five areas of focus for 2020-21:
- Curriculum and Faculty Professional Development (Academic Senate lead)
- Campus-wide Professional Development (ECCE, Administrators, Faculty)
- Police and Community Relations/Policies (Administrators, ASO, Faculty, ECCE)
- Student Experiences (ASO lead, Administrators, Faculty)
- Employee Experiences (Administrators, ECCE, Faculty- Federation)
The Committee will also oversee the development of a calendar of activities that reflect the focus on race and equity, sponsored by affinity groups as well as the college at large.
President, Associated Students Organization
Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Inter- Club Council, Co-Chair, Student Equity Advisory Council