New Student Orientation
Why Complete the New Student Orientation?
You will receive...
- Certificate, Associate Degree, and Transfer Information
- General Information on the Admissions and registration process
- Information on College Resources and Academic Support Programs
- Survival Tips on Being a Successful College Student
- Answers to your College Questions
Online via Canvas
Students who complete the Online Orientation will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor.
Steps to complete the Online Orientation:
- Please use Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer not recommended.
- Click on the New Student Orientation button below
- Your User ID is your ECC email address. Your ECC email address was sent to the email you used on your admissions application.
- Password is the same as the one used to log into MyECC
- Once in Canvas please click on New Student Orientation on your dashboard
- Review information, view videos, and take the quiz at the end
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Counselor (bring the confirmation page to your counseling appointment). Visit the Counseling webpage for more information on how to schedule a counseling appointment.
Having difficulty with the online orientation? Additional log in information can be found here:
Virtual orientations will take place through a Zoom Meeting, and a link will be provided to students 24-48 hours in advance. Please check your emails for information regarding the link, start/end time, and materials you will need.
New Student Orientations do run for approximately 1-hour. Please be ready to log-in to the meeting 10 minutes before the start time; students will not be allowed to enter 5 minutes after the start time.