Path to Enrollment
Take the first step – it’s fast and easy! Complete and submit your free application online.
- New and returning students (those with an absence of two consecutive primary terms: fall or spring semesters; excluding summer and winter terms) must complete an online application for admission.
- A Student ID number will be issued and emailed upon completion of the online application.
- Prerequisite Clearance – If a student believes a course taken at another college or university meets the prerequisite for an El Camino College course in which he/she wishes to enroll, the student may submit a Prerequisite Clearance Form and appropriate documentation for review by clicking here.
- Official transcripts from all accredited colleges and trade schools attended must be submitted by those schools to the El Camino College Records Office. Students applying for Advanced Placement credit must submit official high school transcripts.
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Apply Online
Financial Aid (recommended)
Need help paying for college? Apply for financial aid!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or;
- Complete the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
- The school code for ECC is 001197.
- Scholarships Information
- Financial Aid Office
Have questions? Online and virtual orientations provide an introduction to academic programs and support services to help you succeed.
- Orientation is offered ONLINE via CANVAS and virtually via Zoom by scheduling a New Student Orientation with the Warrior Welcome Center.
- Virtual orientations will take place through a Zoom Meeting, and a link will be provided to students 24-48 hours in advance. Please check your emails for information regarding the link, start/end time, and materials you will need.
- New Student Orientations do run for approximately 1-hour. Please be ready to log-in to the Zoom Meeting 10 minutes before the start time; and students will not be allowed to enter 5 minutes after it begins.
What is a First Time College Student?
- Students who have never attended college or are fresh out of high school are First Time College Students
- If you took college courses while in high school (Dual Enrollment), you are still considered as a First Time College Student
New Student Orientation + Educational Planning Workshop
- First Time College Students have the chance to complete New Student Orientation and develop and attend an educational planning session to develop an abbreviated academic plan. You will receive an invite to an Educational Planning workshop AFTER you complete New Student Orientation.
- High School class of 2021 – This is a requirement to be eligible for Southbay Promise
What is a Transfer Student?
- Students who have attended a college before and are enrolling at ECC for the first time
What is a Returning Student?
- A student returning to ECC after taking a break (missed two or primary semesters)
What is an ESL Student?
- Student’s whose first language was not English, and who often were not educated in English-speaking schools prior to El Camino College
What is a Dual Enrollment Student?
- A student currently enrolled in a K-12 school or institution wanting to take college classes.
K-12 students are not required to complete the Path to Enroll in order to dual enroll in classes. The Dual Enrollment Office offers an orientation for both continuing Dual Enrollment Students and high school seniors transitioning to First Time College Students.
- Orientations and other online events can be found on the Dual Enrollment Online Help & Events webpage.
What is an International Student?
- Students who are interested in or currently studying in the United States on F-1 visas.
The International Student Program (ISP) is committed to your success at ECC. To guide you through essential steps, you must attend an ISP orientation that will introduce you to immigration regulations, provide academic support, and assist you with your class registration. This orientation is required of all new F-1 visa international students before beginning their first semester at El Camino College. Please contact our International Student Program so we can set you up with orientation and onboarding information.
- International Student Programs: email@example.com
Improve your chances of success! The placement survey ensures proper placement in math and English courses to help you to advance more quickly to your goals.
- Complete the English and Mathematics placement survey in MyECC to receive proper placement in English and Mathematics courses.
- If English is not your first language, you may need to begin with the English as a Second Language (ESL) placement process. You can learn more details about ESL placement options, as per Title 5 §55522.5 (f), by visiting the Warrior Welcome Center
- No appointment needed for online Chemistry Placement Exam
- Assessment and Placement
Focus on your goal! Meet with a counselor and complete an educational plan to identify classes that are required to complete your certificate, degree or transfer program.
Ready to register for classes? Log in to MyECC and register online for classes on or after your assigned appointment time.
- Registration is based on a priority system.
- Registration Priorities Information
- Search for Classes
- Please visit the Warrior Welcome Center for additional assistance
Completion of the Steps to Enrollment is required for priority registration eligibility.